150g w hiback gold and 5 geos

peacockbass

my lil juvie hiback gold...150g with dual fx6s...tankmates are 5 geophagus redhead tapajos...dominant pair recently spawned and now there are about 100 free swimming wigglers in the tank also...aro continues to show zero interest in eating them and will swim right into the cluster of babies lol..this gold has been such a picky eater so far..only will eat scallops and small meal worms....so far has a pretty small appetite...my first rtg ate anything and everything..but as long as it eats and grows i'll be happy...

Attachments

• arobabies1.jpg
    arobabies1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 623
  • arogeos2.jpg
    arogeos2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 646
  • geobabies2.jpg
    geobabies2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 566

Dis

Nice tank. Love the stocking, nice and simple. I'm very surprised the aro isn't eating up those fry. And I'm sorry about your wallet, scallops are not cheap

peacockbass

Nice tank. Love the stocking, nice and simple. I'm very surprised the aro isn't eating up those fry. And I'm sorry about your wallet, scallops are not cheap

thanks...ya..the aro shows no interest in them so far..i'll start taking the fry out in the next few days and put them into grow out tanks....frozen scallops are pretty cheap actually....bag for 5 bucks lasts me over a month...aro usually eats one per day, sometimes only half of one and about 15-20 small meal worms at night time...not the biggest eater and is pretty finincky with eating some days...