14" Red Pellet Training

Marowana420

I'm on my 4th day of pellet training. he has eaten nothing since the 20 SWs 5 days ago. I have tried to give him Hikari Food Sticks, Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets and Hai Feng aro food. he has taken all the above but always spits it back out. What should i do?

How long can i starve him for? Should i be watching for any signs of malnutrition?

thanks

aro7

4 days is not too long for an arowana not to eat...ive heard of some not eating for over a week - two weeks

EEYY

I'm on my 4th day of pellet training. he has eaten nothing since the 20 SWs 5 days ago. I have tried to give him Hikari Food Sticks, Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets and Hai Feng aro food. he has taken all the above but always spits it back out. What should i do?

How long can i starve him for? Should i be watching for any signs of malnutrition?

thanks

Will your red eating prawn (ie frozen shrimp, with or without shell)?

Trying to stuck the pellet inside the prawn and then feeding the red. Let the red getting used to the smell and the taste first. (ie one pellet for the first month and then 2 pellets later on)

It's always takes time to change an arowana's diet!! :D

Took 3 months to get my red getting a bite of chopped centipede :)

Good luck. :):)

Marowana420

i tried stuffing sticks inside the shrimp, he took it the first feeding, on the second feeding he started chewing the shrimp until the stick fell out.

so now i feed my SW aro pellets.

anyways, thanks for your help.

1goodcatch

your fish is too smart!.. mine RTG will only eat worms :-(
The red eats everyting..worms, food sticks, shrimp etc..