Pearl x motoro sp I had kept for awhile

pearxmotorosp.jpg

One of my Pearl x Marble females

youngerfemalepearlxmarble.jpg

Another Pearl x Marble Female

pearlxmarblemature2.jpg

Pearl x Marble Male

P1040571.jpg

If anyone has any other of my Pearl x Marbles or Pearl x Motoro sp's could you please post update pics.

hondas3000

Nice collection Scott. What do you feed your ray? My food bill is getting bigger as the ray grow and the wife not happy with it :).

skynoch

My rays are eating mostly shrimp but some prefer massivore or talapia. I use to feed also the nls h20 wafers but now that they made them thicker the rays don't take after them the same way. I'm also trying a salmon feed in small quantities with not alot of luck but finding it breaks down very quick and the rays haven't really took to it yet. It isn't as healthy as hikari or nls but there is another type I want to try that is very well put together but haven't found it in Canada yet. I really don't think there is a cheap way to keep larger rays. I'm using about 4-6 lbs of food a day right now. If only I was happy with one type of ray like a scobina it would be nice and cheap. My scobinas only eat about $1 a day worth of food if that.

hondas3000

Well i dont mind the cost just dont want my wife to notice food amount they consume. It is 1.5-2.0lb of basa filet or more a day depend how much they pack in the bag, and i only feed prawn once a week as prawn cost more :).

rudy

Scotts had so many pearl crosses he has single handedly decimated the price of pearl rays pure bred....lol

skynoch

I still think I have around 18 rays total but I'm selling another 5 here in the next couple weeks. I really want to try my hand at breeding some flower rays. My flower was pregnant but I think she misscarried due to alot of cloudiness in the tank like a ray gave birth. I'm hoping there is an upside as the tank cleared up and a few hours later it was white again and there were some sperm packets. Not sure who it was but my male tiger looked exhausted so I'm hoping he got the flower again. I guess I'll know in six months.
Lol, thanks Tim. I did at least seperate almost all my breeding males from my females to give me a break from it all. Suprisingly enough I don't think anyone has a pureblood breeding pair of pearls around here. A couple pairs but none breeding which is a shame because there are some amazing pearsl out there.

exoticaquaria

thats still a lot of rays! lol. breeding flowers would be a great achievement!

topstingray has done it recently!