Anyone keeping larger barbs with aros?

homebrewed

Super Moderator
If you do, post which species and how itt was with the aro.

I've often toyed with the idea of getting some hampala barbs and just wondering what the outcome might be like

homebrewed

Super Moderator
My aro is about 10"

The hampala barbs are sitting at the store. I don't plan on adding any yet because I like how my tank is setup right now and don't want to upset the balance until I have a larger tank

GRANDDRAGON

I have kept tin foil barbs with my aros and either my Aros make meals of them or just picks off and eats there scales until they have no more and then eventually die.:mad:

arapaimag

In my 15k I keep leptobarbus hoeveni (18 to 24") and tinfoil barbs (8 to 14") with my aros and no problems.

In my 52k I keep smaller barbs (more speed) Hampala (12") Filimentosis (Up to 5" They have bred in the tank) and orange cheeked (barbus pinauratus ?) with my aros and no problems. But the tank is big ( about 800 square feet of surface area) and the barbs use their speed to stay clear of the aros and other predators.

carcrazy

I kept a tinfoil barb (10") with a similiarly sized RTG with no problem. The aro chased the tb once in a while and even picked off a few scales but nothing too serious and the tb always recovered easily. Usually the tb was too fast for the aro but once in a while the tb would get too brave and get hit. He is now in my 270g (to make more room in the 320) with a 8" severum that sometimes chases him but never catches him. I really like my tb and wish I had the room to have a group of them. They would look great schooling together.