arapaima

rc604

aren't they 50% off right now? I thought that they were more like 3-3.5"....could be wrong though

lo sai

hmm i saw $299
they were prob in around the 3" size
also the discount excludes arowanas, it says so on there flyer and i already tried hahah

Yuppa

Super Moderator
I'd love to have one!!!
but a 180g tank would only be good for the first year, and then what? no one can take it, aquarium probably wouldnt let you donate it...
need a pond!

mike

i think its dumb to get one.... this thing will overgrow most tanks in no time... they u will end up having to eat it lol.

chen88

Super Moderator
They had some at BA in the GTA a few years ago....haven't seen any since or heard of any around Ontario....big surprise for those who think they can house these Monster fish in their "aqurium" and any great length of Time. I visited Malaysia last summer and visited a few farms and they kept these guys in large ponds of min. 15ft x 15ft at 2ft deep....and even at that...they said once they get big they don't swim much...but you need lots of water change and food!....wait until they start eating anything and everything in the tank...including your small child! LOL

jackson

Well those ponds are a joke 15' is not even close to what they need in the long run. That is the size of what they will reach. Last time I saw this being talked about the acceptable tank or pond size for one to be housed in was around 100 000 gal and i dont remeber what the dimensions were.

I think who ever thinks they can house one is really bitting more than they can chew.

chen88

Super Moderator
Be prepare for these monsters, pics I took during my summer trip to Malaysia in 2007...notice the cage....apparently a stray cat fell in...once...once because it was eaten!....I'd be afraid to put my feet in there!

IMG_6704Medium.jpg

IMG_6707Medium.jpg

IMG_6729Medium.jpg

EEYY

Be prepare for these monsters, pics I took during my summer trip to Malaysia in 2007...notice the cage....apparently a stray cat fell in...once...once because it was eaten!....I'd be afraid to put my feet in there!

IMG_6704Medium.jpg

IMG_6707Medium.jpg

IMG_6729Medium.jpg

Is it a big snakehead (2nd photo) swimming beside this monster??

Dragonguy

In captivity you rarely see one pass 8 feet long. I've seen many from asia that were 5-7 feet long and they said it stop growing. In the wild you also rarely see pass 10 feet as the big once were hunted for trophy.