arowana has dropsy

glamit

i have an arowana that has some lifted scales from his gills to his belly, looks like dropsy, now i know most would say it is the water conditions but all water params have been checked and are perfect. my question is, is it safe to treat with tetracyclene with 4 bd rays in the tank?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I would personally set up a quarantine tank and treat separately; you will need to use a lot less medication this way too.

Boydo

Most likely it is warped scales not dropsy. Which is normally caused by poor water quality and/or chlorine burn. Remove the fish to a treatment tank and add 0.3% salt. I have also found that melafix is very effective for warped scales and aro's respond well to it. Should clear up within a week.

glamit

its very hard to tell with this one, he gets sick of his food fast! he went from pellets to crickets to shrimp then only super worms. last month he got sick of super worms and didnt eat for a week so i tried dew worms and he went for that now he is is sick of those worms and havent eaten in about a week so whether he has dropsy or not theres no other signs to find out?