Arowana Tankmate - Golden Masheer?

m_class2g

Sponsor
I'm currently growing out a few of these golden masheers/tors and I'm hoping to keep them as my aros tankmate when they grow large enough to not be eaten lol. Have a look at the scales of these fish. Theyre actually quite impressive. Scales look a lot like an aros! Ive always been facinated by tors ever since i saw some big ones in my gfs dads pond in taiwan. Although he only has the type of masheer that is local to the rivers in Taiwan (all silver body), they are still quite beautiful with their elongated bodies with very defined mirror like scales throughout the body. I know these guys will get very big but hopefully I'll have a suitable tank to keep a few of these in the future!

Here is a mid size, juvi one. Scales are not very defined and not too golden yet. (looks about 15 inches?)
Assam+mahseer.jpg

Here is a larger one (2 footer?). Very defined scalation, a lot golder. The scale transformation of these fish reminds me of my rtg from juvi to adult.
himalayan-golden-mahseer.jpg

RDFISHGUY

I love these guys but due to their size I opted not to get any. A fish that gets that big would produce a lot of waste and require a huge tank and filtration.