Asia Trip 2012 - Taiwan & Hong Kong

exoticaquaria

Its has been a great trip to Asia in 2012. I had some spare time in Taiwan and Hong Kong so I met a few contacts and exporters. The fish scene in Taiwan and Hong Kong is incredible. In Taiwan, I got to visit Woody from Aquamonsters and Ato from Taiwan Stingray Breeding Club! I also visited the fish street in Taiwan and Hong Kong. I had little to no spare time in Japan so I didnt visit any fish stores during my stay over there. It was also extremely hard to communicate with the locals in Japan since most do not speak a word English! I am heading back to Vancouver in a few days but would like to share some pictures from this trip. I will try and upload the rest when I get back into Vancouver. I took a lot of pictures of rare fish but heres a few to start!

Enjoy!

Aquamonsters:

part of the facility. forgot to take a pic of the other side lol. many rare fish from xingu - kelberi - azul pbass, xantic gar, albino red ear slider turtles, water dragon from peru, australian lungfish, black diamond rays, rare plecos, never seen before asian fish etc etc.

DSC_2444.jpg

DSC_2442.jpg

DSC_2437.jpg

DSC_2441.jpg

DSC_2448.jpg

DSC_2472.jpg

DSC_2480.jpg

DSC_2454.jpg

DSC_2452.jpg

DSC_2460.jpg

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congratulations on a fun trip Mike, can't wait to see what kind of fish you are going to bring into Canada!

bcarlos

Wow, we can only dream of seeing stock like this in Canadian LFS.

X2 on Theo's comment, very excited to see what you're bringing in.

exoticaquaria

its been another great trip! mainly to sight see and visit relatives but i had to fill in some fish tours for the visit as well. saw a lot of neat fish and learned a lot from the experts. theres a lot of rare fish to import for sure. for the luetus plecs, there is a breeder in taiwan so baby 1-1.5 inch captive bred specimens are available!

what i really wanted to get during my trip is the peru water lizard. they live around water in their natural habitat and very interesting to watch swim!!! i will upload the video of the lizard soon.

heres a few more pics before i head back!

DSC_2482.jpg

DSC_2484.jpg

DSC_2487.jpg

DSC_2489.jpg

DSC_2467.jpg

DSC_2507.jpg

DSC_2493.jpg

DSC_2495.jpg

DSC_2463.jpg

DSC_2435.jpg

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

heres a few more incl native fish from sun moon lake in taiwan, spotted ternetzi piranha, GATF, baby albino RES and a few others.

DSC_2457-1.jpg

DSC_2461.jpg

DSC_2479.jpg

DSC_2502.jpg

DSC_2481.jpg

DSC_2474.jpg

DSC_2477.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
Sun Moon Lake! I recalled my parents taking us to Taiwan back when 30 years ago and one of the place we stayed was near Sun Moon Lake....memories... :)

Great looking stock they have!

jsodwi

Looks like it was a great experience. I would love to go over there if I wasnt afraid to fly that far

DragonD

Wow Mike you have got to take in some amazing fish! And some very nice rays in those pics! Cant wait to see what your bringing back!

exoticaquaria

we can get those in canada!? how much!? very tempting lol. any idea on the price in canada as well?

another 9 hour flight! lol. not looking forward to it. im in japan right now. stop over for 4 hours so why not upload more pics to pass time lol.

heres a black diamond stingray video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srM_qacM-Xs"]Taiwan 2012 Black Diamond Stingray 01282012 - YouTube[/ame]

Gibbus

Oliver had them in last year, and two stores where I live in Toronto had them in a couple times. Price was $500 ea

exoticaquaria

thanks for the info!

Aqua.Monsters Peru Water Dragon - Dracaena guianensis

heres a few more pics from

Taiwan Fish Street

DSC_2528.jpg

DSC_2530.jpg

DSC_2532.jpg

DSC_2533.jpg

DSC_2597.jpg

DSC_2590.jpg

DSC_2589.jpg

DSC_2587.jpg

DSC_2584.jpg

DSC_2571.jpg

exoticaquaria

the next set of pics are the last of the taiwan fish street pics!

next bunch of pics will be ato's black stingray facility - taiwan stingray breeding club.

DSC_2548.jpg

DSC_2544.jpg

DSC_2543.jpg

DSC_2541.jpg

exoticaquaria

Ato's Taiwan Stingray Breeding Facility. Facility #1, leopoldi rays. He has been breeding stingrays for many many years. Probably one of the first to breed black diamonds. Ato is pretty much the grand master of rays lol. He is also breeding zebra plecos and the very first to produce captive bred kelberi pbass. Most of his rays are exported to Japan and China. A lot of his kelberis made their way to North America. The adults in the video (2 breeding pairs) are the parents of my current kelberi pbass pair i have at home! I didn't have time to visit his second facility for his P14s but im glad i was able to meet him. Here is a video to start. Pictures are still being uploaded. Enjoy!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5h5gqC_-us"]Stars Of The Amazon Visit - 01282012 - YouTube[/ame]