Big tanks in apartment buildings

G_sharky

How many Bro's here live in an apartment and live atleast 7 floors up??? does anybody keep a 180 gallon tank or bigger????? cause I'm planning on upgrading my 75 gal soon and I'm worried that floor might not able to support the weight of a tank that's 180 gal or bigger and collapse and would cause danger to the tenants below and big lawsuit on my way...need your opinions thanks......I was wonderin if a 422 tank is my only option....

jackson

Just check and see what your buildings rules are or the lease and see if it mentions tanks. I keep a few large tanks in my apartment. You should also look into home insurance and tell them about the tanks.

ninjaturtle

i dont have a 180...

i live on the top floors of a 21 floor apartment n have 2 75 gal side by side. so 150 should be fine.. keep it in a corner tho as thats where the most support is.

G_sharky

That's what's stopping me from getting a monster tank cause I'm scared that larger tank may cause some damage and I don't wanna get sued or call management about the specs....but I might move to a house soon so I'm just going to save for a 220 gallon or bigger....

jackson

Like I said check your lease and see if the rule out tanks. if not you should be fine. You should also get insurance be it in a house or apartment. I have a 180 150 90 65 30's 29's 75's and more in an apartment with no problems.

T1KARMANN

think of it this way a 180g tank full of water is no heavyer than a bath full of water

in a building with concrete floors you will have no problems with a 180g

the only problem you may have is get the tank up the stairs if it doesnt fit in the lift :D

G_sharky

Like I said check your lease and see if the rule out tanks. if not you should be fine. You should also get insurance be it in a house or apartment. I have a 180 150 90 65 30's 29's 75's and more in an apartment with no problems.

I'm moving to a house soon and planning on putting a monster tank on the basement.....what insurance are you reffering to jackson???? should we notify our insurance about a big aquarium and Is the insurance for the flooding just incase the tank leaks or breaks????

jackson

I'm moving to a house soon and planning on putting a monster tank on the basement.....what insurance are you reffering to jackson???? should we notify our insurance about a big aquarium and Is the insurance for the flooding just incase the tank leaks or breaks????

Yes the insurance should be told about the tanks. That way your home will be covered if the tank were to break. I think it is your home owners insurance that you have to talk with.