Can anyone help me identify what this is ?

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
Hello one of my aro has a weird chunk missing from the bottom of is body i have no clue what it is its been there for about 2 weeks but before it was kind of dark looked a bit like a scab
i did have some problem with the water 2 or 3 weeks ago caused by some funky superworms
this arowana is a nice guy when the lites are on but at night he takes control of half the tank so maybe he lost the chunk in a scrap for his territory

has anyone ever seen something like that?

Ps the other side is the same way

Attachments

• DSC_0103.jpg
    DSC_0103.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 755

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
2 BBXB a bit smaller
1 RTG 3 inches bigger ( but he is a softy )
1 HBRTG 2 inches bigger
1 Silver same size
1 green a bit smaller
1 Yellow Tail 2 inches bigger
2 Tiger Dat 11 inches
1 Fly river turtle 1.4 kg
1 silver dollar 9 inches

But this little SR is the boss of the tank

RDFISHGUY

It could be chipped scales. First thing to do is check water parameters. Next remove carbon if you are currently using it.

Add ketapang leaves as many as you can crumble into a large media bag. You may have to use a couple. Your water should turn a dark tea color. Treat like this for 4 weeks replace every week with fresh ketapang.

I also used aloe vera juice. I was treating a 180 gallon tank and dumped about 2 cups in initially then added 1 cup every water change. I never actually measured it just dumped it out of a jug. Stop using it after you stop the ketapang. I don't even know if this does any good but its what I did to treat chipped scales.

This diagnosis is based off a terrible pic but even if its just an injury can be healed using salt /ketapang / aloe juice. It may only require one of the above treatments but I used all 3 plus increased the temp. My arowana is a very nice piece now but I tried to kill him , unintentionally, several times. Triple treatments worked for me but I'm not an expert.

If its chipped scales will look like this:
IMG_9702_1.jpg

novaroandray111.jpg

IMG_9893_1.jpg

Inrease temp to 85-87 * and use Prime to treat nitrite or ammonia. Do several water changes 30-50% if chemistry goes south on you.

peacockbass

prolly injury from other tank mates.....if he is the alpha..why is his tail and fins all beat up....must be paying price to be the boss...lol..

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
Yes thank you i will do that ketapang leaves thing hopefully it will get better fast. If it does not gett better soon i will put him in the hospital tank .

@peacockbass he not the boss no more. lol
Its a fairly new things for all these aros to be in the same tank they where 3 groups that im trying to merge and i think they still have to sort out some things among themself :(