Cloudy eyes???

Marowana420

overnight my aro has developed a milky film over both his eyes, also some kind of whiteish liquid in his eyes too. is this cloudy eye- hazy eyes?

Attachments

• IMG_5976.jpg
    IMG_5976.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_5978.jpg
    IMG_5978.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 686

Marowana420

thanks tim. those few words "everything should be fine" helped me so much. it got me out of panic mode yesterday.
i also raised temp. and added salt now his eyes are doing better. about 90% of the problem is gone. aro is acting normal, except still not eatting.

DaiDee

Not sure why he's not eating. I've never had aros before.
For my fish, if they were ever sick, internal parasites, etc and not eat I would use garlic. You can either mince up and get the juices from real garlic or use this Seachem product called Garlic Gaurd. I've never tried this stuff myself so I can't comment on how good it is.

Garlic is supposed to improve appetite so you can try soaking pellets in garlic juice mixed with tank water to get it to eat the pellets.

Again, I can't comment on how successful you will be since I've never tried it on aros.

Garlic also helps boost immune systems so it's a good thing to remember.

As for the cloudy eye issue, homebrewed is right. It's usually the case when water quality is not very good that fish can develope cloudy eye. I've seen it before with other fish and it goes away pretty quickly. Nothing really to worry about. Meds like Melafix could also help but I only resort to meds when I have no other option.

Try giving the SW a bath in garlic juice ;)

carcrazy

Maybe he is just fasting. My aros sometimes stopped eating for a few days and then started up again. Or he could be a little stressed from the changing water conditions (from less to more ideal).