Different style tanks

aro7

Hi, I was just wondering if you could use bow fron tanks or half circle tanks for keeping arowanas?

wouldnt this allow the arowana more room for turns?

i seen this hald circle tank...looks really nice imo...144 gal

maybe too small but what it it were bigger, as im sure there are more out there. Just asking because i havent really seen any tanks other than the standard rectangular ones.

http://www.elmersaquarium.com/Tank_Half_Circle.htm

thanks

Marius

Unless you go full circle tanks, small bowfronts of half circle tanks are useless for big fish.

Stick to a traditional rectangular shape, not to mention that the 144 gal you mention costs more than a 220gal rectangular most likely.

aro7

thanks marius,

anyone know of any reputable brands for fish tanks...or will anything more or likely do the job. I Just dont want to run into the problem of tank leaking, ect.

Marius

thanks marius,

anyone know of any reputable brands for fish tanks...or will anything more or likely do the job. I Just dont want to run into the problem of tank leaking, ect.

All the glass tanks out there (All-Glass, Perfecto etc) are as good as they get. Best would be an acrylic tank, but that's only worth it if you're getting a large tank, 300gal+. Tenecor would be that, Cirrus has a 535gal, I have a 400gal Tenecor. Best tank I ever had.

If you're thinking of getting one let me know ;)

aro7

looks expensive. Just checked out their website, tanks look beautiful!

Last edited: