Fall 2007 Order

Kenta

Administrator
Hello all,

So our most recent order arrives in Vancouver December 6th! Mr. Kan has mentioned the fish from this order are especially good quality!

Stay tuned!

EEYY

I have a silly question.

If the Canadian $$ keeps going below parity with US$, will the group purchase arowana price be adjusted up accordingly?

Thanks

Alx

Can I get on the next order, what is the process - timeliness, prepayment requirements?

Kenta

Administrator
I have a silly question.

If the Canadian $$ keeps going below parity with US$, will the group purchase arowana price be adjusted up accordingly?

Thanks
Yes, prices will be adjusted according to strength of the Canadian dollar, unlike a lot of establishments, we pass on the savings to the customers

Kenta

Administrator
Wow what a day,

Shipment came in and all the fish have been acclimated into their tanks! Some great looking fish!

CHILLI RED

GWAI.JAI- there is more information on other sites because this site is brand new. Wait and see there is lots more to come! Hope you enjoy!

Kenta

Administrator
Fish losses -first time ever

Hey everyone,

Well, our Fall shipment came in Thursday the 6th. The fish came in VERY healthy and great looking!

I had set up holding tanks December 3rd-5th in anticipation of the shipment. We all know that any fish needs pristine water, so i made sure all temperature was correct and water parameters were good (ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates minimal, ph - stable 6.8-7.2). All parameters checked out perfect.

After an hour of drip acclimation the fish were released into their temporary holding tanks. All was good except for a couple tanks. I noticed the fish were especially jittery, didn't think much of it because they were stressed from the flight.

A few hours later one PG was belly up... the next morning a marble blue xback was belly up. What a disaster...
i thought to myself, "What could have killed these fish?? The water checked out ok, temp was fine"

After a lot of stress, hard thinking and listening to the radio, apparently the days i had filled the tanks our water source had very high levels of turbidity. Some places even had boil water advisorys. What great luck, their tanks had been poisoned by contaminants i could not test for.

"Stockpile clean water, Metro Vancouver officials say"
December 3rd water quality report

"Heavy rainfalls affected drinking water quality in Metro Vancouver"
"Disinfection levels have been increased"
"Increased turbidity"
December 5th water quality report

Ever since importing with Dragonfish Canada i have learned so much... unfortunately, some things are learned the hard way.
I am working with the customers to find a solution that will make them happy.....
Customer satisfaction is one of our top goals!

This is something i never want to see again.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg