Far Infrared Bacteria House Media ( 2 types available) ...

EEYY

Product Description by the Manufacturer:
The BH is filter medla made from mineral stones (that emit far-infrared ray) and ailica after undergoing high temperature treatment. It encourages the rapld growth of large colonies of beneficial bacteria which helps to improve the water quality by removing toxic substances present in the aquarium water.

The BH is 10 times more effective than normal filter media in cultivating beneficial bacteria as the hight porosity of the material offers a greater surface area for the aerobic and anaerobic bacteria to colonize. These bacteria are necessary for the breaking down of Nitrate and Ammonia in biological filtration.

The emissive scale of the BH's far infrared ray is above 0.92 and the wavelength is 4-14 microns. These properties enable the BH to break down the hydrogen bond of water molecules, revitalize and increase the oxygen in the water. This will in turn encourage the growth of aquatic plants and fishes, boosting their immunity against diseases.

The BH also releases minerals and trace elements which are essential for the good health, rapid growth and intense colouration of aquatic plants and animals.

It is suitable for both indoors and outdoors usage as it is specially designed to work effectivelv in various filtration systems such as pond filters, overhead filter, canister filters, wet and dry tricking filters, internal and exernal overflow systems etc

=====================================================================

Both types are imported from China.

The first type is 6" -7" in size

Price: $175 per box (each box is 7.5kg, with 48 pieces in it)

Bacteria_House_Media_Photos013-1.jpg

=====================================================================

The second type is 1" - 2" in size, coming with 1kg package and 5 kg package. Very suitable for hang-over-the-back and small canister filters.

Price:
1 to 4 kg: $30 per kg
5kg: $28 per kg
10kg: $25 per kg
15kg: $22 per kg

Left: 1kg package, Right: 5kg package
Bacteria_House_Media_Photos023-1.jpg

All prices are excluding shipping cost. Quantities are very limited and requests are on first-come-first-serve basis

Please PM me if you are interested.

I personally use them in the over-the-top-glass filter
Display_Bacteria_House_Media005.jpg

Display_Bacteria_House_Media003.jpg

Last edited:

EEYY

Feel free to get several hobbyists to share a box of bacteria house media, as long as I can ship it to a particular location.

For the larger size (7.5kg per box), if a single person or a group of hobbyists can get 5 boxes together, I can lower to $160 per box. Plus shipping cost.

Thanks.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I've got a few of the infrareds stuffed into my canister filter and they seem to work great :)

I really like their design. Very light

Last edited:

EEYY

I've got a few of the infrareds stuffed into my canister filter and they seem to work great :)

I really like their design. Very light

The key of having bacteria house media is to reduce the nitrate level.

Compared to the larger type. the red-color-type is specifically for smaller filters so that buyes don't need to break the bacteria house media into smaller pieces.

EEYY

Do Toronto hobbyists want to share a box of bacteria house media?

If so, I would suggest you guys can group several hobbyists together from different regions, such as:

- Brampton & Mississauga
- Markham & Thornhill & Richmond Hill
- Scarborough
- Downtown

In terms of quantities, each box has 48 pieces (larger type). Let's say 3 people from Scarborough area would like to share, each person would have 16 pieces and pay one-third of the entire box. Also, by doing so, I would be easier to meet you guys at a specific location.

Let's see if this can work things out.

Thanks. :):)

Last edited:

EEYY

PM replied.

In the photos, I used about 20 (larger) pieces to fill up the glass filter.

I also tested the capacity of several filter / canister. I find that you can fit:

- 8 pieces (horizontially) in an AC110 hang-over-the-back filter.
- 10 pieces (vertically) in an Eheim 2215 canister.
- 13 pieces (vertically) in an Eheim 2217 canister.

The volume of each piece is roughly 7" by 1.5" by 1.5"

For those who are interested to share a box, maybe you can sign-up here and see who is planning to share in your area.

It would be good if 2 or 3 people can share a box

ie MR. ABCD, Scaborough, half box (ie 24 pieces)

Thanks

Last edited:

EEYY

Just check out the shipping cost of a box of (larger size) bacteria house media. It would be close to $25 to VANCOUVER, 5 - 7 business days, with tracking#.

Thanks.

EEYY

Updates: At this moment, I have a non-Toronto hobbyist who is interested to share half box (ie 24 pieces) of the larger size bacteria house media.

If you are a Toronto hobbyist who is also interested to share the remaining half box , please feel free to PM me. (ie the price would be $175 divided by 2 = $87.5 rounded as $87)

Thanks. :)

EEYY

Chen88, you could PM me a time to meet. With more than 5 rays will be in a tank. BH really helps to break down the nitrate level.

For the time being, I only have limited boxes of larger size bacteria house media, they will sell on first-come-first-serve basis.

Thanks. :):)

EEYY

Updates: SOLD a box of larger size BH media.

Just a personal tip is that you could buy the laundry bags to group the bacteria house media together and then locate them in different compartments in a sump filter or larger size canister (ie Eheim 2260). Should be easier to take them out or move them around later on.

Can find these bags at Dollarama stores selling at $1.25 for 2 bags. :D

EEYY

Updates:

Red (smaller-size) BH: sold 5kg and 15kg respectively.

Light yellow (larger-size) BH: currently out of stock BUT I can still get 2 - 3 boxes in 3 - 4 weeks time (around mid- December). If you guys are interested by then, please PM me.

Thanks. :)