FX5 FILTER

h.l_nathan

good choice. The eheim now is made by the company that make the Astro. and they are not made in germany no more.

EKen

Super Moderator
I would guess so. They are pretty cheap, I mean price-wise but also quality-wise. That is why I use mines as pre-filter.

T1KARMANN

Is the astro made in China?

sorry your wrong on this one its only the older eheim models that are made in china :D

the pro1 eheim classic are made in china they dumped all the old suff over their

the pro2 and pro3 ranges are made in germany

Last edited:

danfong88

Eheim Pro 2 and 3 are still very good canister filter. I have 2080 and i really like it. Yes, most suffer will eventually be made in China instead of Germany. But, this filter is still better in design than the Fluval FX-5, at least media content is better than the media for the FX-5, that is why Fluval has a sale for 299 at Dragon A. ( miss).

h.l_nathan

t1 i think thats where you're wrong. most of the moving part are from china. thats y you can use the astro parts on eheim

T1KARMANN

t1 i think thats where you're wrong. most of the moving part are from china. thats y you can use the astro parts on eheim

astro filters are a copy of the ehiem pro 1

and yes of course the parts like impeller shaft and impeller will fit as most of eheim shafts and impellers fit most of their filter

the astro is still just a eheim copy you may as well get a moody hand bag if you buy an astro :D

i think eheim sold the paturn for the pro1 to astro

the pro2 and pro3 are made in germany

h.l_nathan

i dont know about that... one distibutor for eheim told me that its manufacture from the same company as the astro. Cause i'll been trying to buy for my biz for retail.