Gold or Red???????

ArowanaLover

Hi guys... I'm new to the hobby... here is my new 180gal 6x2x2 tank with a blue background. I want to know that is it ok for me to have a baby Gold in there or have to be the Red one? I like the Golden XB better then the Red but I'm not so sure if the blue background will hurt the color of the golden one. Please advise... Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 527

exoticaquaria

i like gold! nice setup!!!

where are you from?

lots of xbacks are being kept in WTT and reds in black. i have always liked big golds in blue background.

bcarlos

I've always been more a fan of reds than golds. It's personal preference, though. These fish live a very long time, so make sure you choose what you prefer.

endi

where are you putting the tank? next to a vending machine? lol watch out for ppl resting their drinks there and spilling it..

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Either red or gold will look fine in your tank. I am a red guy.

There is some feng shui I have heard of - gold aros for money, reds for health and family. Could be pretty slick marketing because most people want both I think. :rolleyes:

ArowanaLover

Thanks guys... I love the gold too. My tank is next to the soda machine at where I work so I can enjoy them all day :). BTW, I`m desperately want to know that if I put a Golden XBack in a dark blue backround will it hurt the shine and the color of the fish? Should I put a white plastic broad to cover the blue backround? Please help me on this. Thanks!

babymack

your background wont hurt the shine.. i always keep my gold in black back ground or dark atleast i love the gold shine with the black back!!!

impalass

I've kept my 5 year old classic RTG in both black and blue backgrounds.

He/she looks great either way. Don't worry about it, just enjoy grooming your arowana. :)