How long to spend intoducing a new ray to the tank

skynoch

Just sitting back with a case of beer waiting to see if my tankmates will make a new apple ray a welcomed guest. I`m allready at 5 hours with one being in the dark. How long do you guys spend in fron of the tank making sure everything is all right.

hondas3000

Just sitting back with a case of beer waiting to see if my tankmates will make a new apple ray a welcomed guest. I`m allready at 5 hours with one being in the dark. How long do you guys spend in fron of the tank making sure everything is all right.

lol Scott, have you finish the case yet? You know most of the action happen when light is out so as long as it is swim around and no one bother it then let it go and check it once every few hour for bite mark. As for me I am more concern the water parameter different then tankmate.

slednex11

spent overnight when put my BD's in but the tank is in my living room in the basement so was watchin tv/playstation so the time went fast how is the apple doing? i havent heard of an apple ray

skynoch

I'll grab some pics once it settles in. The good thing is I did get the case of beer done, the bad news is my frt seems to like this ray too much so I guess I'll try the frt in the 2200. It's still a little small to be in there with the big rays

exoticaquaria

when i introduce a new ray, i spend a few hours. I've gone through a few other rays with my aro and tankmates so i know its safe. the newest ray i added to my current pair was a lot smaller and had to keep looking every day. she was getting nipped but after 1 week, everything is well! whats an apple ray!?

rudy

when i introduce a new ray, i spend a few hours. I've gone through a few other rays with my aro and tankmates so i know its safe. the newest ray i added to my current pair was a lot smaller and had to keep looking every day. she was getting nipped but after 1 week, everything is well! whats an apple ray!?
Ceja ray Mike.

skynoch

Im not sure how to measure frt's but I'm guessing it is 8" width. Ya it's a ceja ray which doesn't seem to do well in my harder water or on my substrate. I may have to break out my r/o and blend the water to make it softer. I've been looking for this pattern for awhile so pretty happy about it.

skynoch

I got lucky and these were brought in to a lfs in Calgary and a buddy picked one up for me so I didn't have to go through the whole wildcaught adjustment problem. They are suppose to be very hard to care for but I can't vouch for that yet as mine is doing very well right now and even ate it's first shrimp and pellet today. They are suppose to be in soft water as they are so sensitive but my water is probably the hardest on the forum and things are good. Which makes me wonder since I drip if the carbon is taking out the harmful elements. I can see why these should be in a species only tank as they do not move to get food but wait for it to come to them. I think after awhile I'll try mixing it with some smaller rays and will have to special feed it.