my aro bit me!

carcrazy

I have been trying to switch my dynamic red aro back to mp after feeding sw for a while. He hasn't eaten for almost a week, though he did take a small piece of shrimp yesterday.

However, as I was about to toss a piece of mp in the tank today, he came up out of the water a couple of inches and bit my finger! He didn't break the skin but he sure surprised me. Any one else get tagged by their aro?

EEYY

I would "guess" most aro. keepers did get hurt by aro. bite.

I have been trying to switch my dynamic red aro back to mp after feeding sw for a while. He hasn't eaten for almost a week, though he did take a small piece of shrimp yesterday.

However, as I was about to toss a piece of mp in the tank today, he came up out of the water a couple of inches and bit my finger! He didn't break the skin but he sure surprised me. Any one else get tagged by their aro?

chen88

Super Moderator
Yup. Me too a few years Ago. Thought my hand wasnhis big prized and bit the side as I was cleaning the tank.

peacockbass

yes..it happens when you feed them and they get too eager......mine bit me a few times..only the first time it surprises ya....

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
My RTG nips me on a regular basis, especially if I don't feed him first. He neve draws blood, he just wants the attention. My wee xb will jump 3 or 4 inches out of the water to take sw out of my fingers but never nips my fingers. I don't encourage this behaviour, it actually freaks me out when he does it.

bcarlos

Oh yes, it happens. A few years back I thought my old silver nearly took my thumb off. Drew a lot of blood, and even scratched a notch in my thumbnail.

hustler

I was tagged by a 34" silver in the past..... cleaning gravel i guess my pinky looked a bit like a prawn stuck to the pipe lol....
It drew blood

chen88

Super Moderator
Changing water tonight and when I put my hands inside to clean the inside of my tank, 2 or 3 aros attacked my hands lol. Damn bloody hungry baskets! Just fed them this morning! Have yo be careful now with so many inside. Also the SD's attack me too! Lol