54.7 KB · Views: 798
  • pbass 2.jpg
    pbass 2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 795
  • pbass 3.jpg
    pbass 3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 794

CORVETTE

Wait till they get like this and watch them they can almost eat anything there own size and smaller....lol

Attachments

• June 17 2008 035.jpg
    June 17 2008 035.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 765
  • P1050120.JPG
    P1050120.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 750

905RED

Nice. How big are yours? Those are Tem on the left and occel on the right? I think i got bite by a pbass bug. hehee. I'm scalpping around for orino, azul and kelberi.

carcrazy

Nice pbass. It must be something in the air, I just bought two more ocellaris myself today, both around 12". That makes 5 in my 320. My food bill is about to jump again (I go through a box of shrimp in 2-3 days).

905RED

haha.Thnx. yea, I was told they're wallet drainers. Mine are only 4". 2 are being real picky eaters, the other 1 eats anything it can get. They seems to go whacko on feeders. What else should i feed them at this size?

carcrazy

I would try to get them off of feeders because once they get used to live, you will have a really hard if not impossible time switching to non-live. Goldfish are more expensive than shrimp.;)

CORVETTE

Mine were 17-18" in length and they just made the aro more agressive at feeding time.

You won't believe this but i actually gave them away because they were out growing my 220 gal and nobody wanted them. The guy i gave them to had them spawn in his pond the next day.....dam it. They ate pellets, shrimp, frozen fish. you learn pretty fast when they get big you wont want to feed them feeders any more as the wave of water flies out of your tank and your tank starts rocking back and forth.

905RED

Right now i only have a 120g. Looking to get a 300+ g tank in the future. I dont want these guys to get big too fast so been only feeding them every other day. Is that ok? I'll stop using feeders and switch over to shrimps. What else can i feed them with?