My new Tigrinus...

EKen

Super Moderator
Never been a big Catfish fan, but this guy looks really nice. Clean straight bars and gives a good color contrast in my tank...

Attachments

• IMG032.JPG
    IMG032.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG033.JPG
    IMG033.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 672

EKen

Super Moderator
Rulaifu:
He's around 10-11inch.

DragonGuy:
I have yet to see an LFS that carried one of these in my area, not pretty popular among "casual" hobbyists.

I liked this one because of the straight bars, hope he keeps them straight when he grows.

T1KARMANN

you will love that cat

tigrinus are pure class

i have had 3 tigrinus in total 2 i grew to 22inch +i have had about 2 smaller ones that died

12inch + they are alot stronger

the one i have now i sold and brought back this is the best feeder i have had he eats anything the aros and rays miss super worms pellets and prawn

T1KARMANN

when they are small its best to keep away from salty foods like prawn as they dont seam to be able to digest it properly

i would put 100 x small platys in the tank

or try to get it feeding on hikari sinking carnivor pellets

they grow very fast up to 10inch maybe 2 inch per month

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Eken may tell you to check kijiji if you really want it. Otherwise, I can sell one to you, but they are very small at about 3~4 inches. LOL.

Thanks
I wish I could take up the offer but my house is priority at the moment and taking all my precious hobby money.

There is a LFS that just got a small group in. About 3". $350 I believe the price tag was.

I love the stripes. Hopefully I can add one beore they become unavailable down the road.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I'm also in Winnipeg Manitoba

If it was shipped to me the end cost would be roughly the same

Prices here seem to be alot more than everywhere else in Canada

homebrewed

Super Moderator
wow

You get some good prices on hard to find fish

I wish I could take you up on the offer but the timing is just wrong for me at the moment

Thanks though

EKen

Super Moderator
Actually it is Tigrinus season right now, and you can find them fairly easy and at a good price too right now. You just have to know where to look for...

HiGhTiMeZ

hey man! nice u got one tig! always loved them! yeah ive seen them on our available list. but the retail is 300... and nobody believes me that we can sell that guy... oh well thats what happen if ur the new guy hehehe...

carcrazy

very nice looking

a fish i've always wanted to get

Hey, Homebrewed. I think that Ewing might have a few small ones (about 2-3"). I was thinking about springing for one myself, but my hot water tank just sprang a leak. Oh well, you can't have them all.