Pimples on aro's tail

Eatman

Just wondering if anybody else on here has experienced pimple like dots on their aro's caudal fin.. and if there was any advice to be offered on how to cure this. I've tested my water parameters many times and it's nothing out of the ordinary, so any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I'll try and get some pics up later on.

Thx

m_class2g

Sponsor
i just saw a few of these dots on my chilli reds tail fin as well. a few. tried to raise the temp, added salt and added aqua sol medication. still there. anyone else can help wtih cure? aro is eating well still. hasnt affected the aro so far.

Eatman

Been doing some reading on some other aro forums, and I keep coming up with the same thing, water quality..... SOB, WATER QUALITY IS GOOD!!!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I was in Big Als Richmond the other day and they had a sign saying "Recent research on local water quality indicates problems. Ask us about it". So I asked, and the guy told me that our water hardness has been absolute zero for the last six months. Apparently this is not good for any fish. Just adding some salt should be enough to raise the hardness I think. Still, something to consider maybe, if you are worried about water quality (yet do regular maintenance)? :confused:

hondas3000

It is very minor, just add some melafix antibacteria and do a few water change and it should go away. Or try to mix melafix into the food this way you don't have to waste a lot of medication. But yeah water change more often will help even more.

icebeast

yeah is happaning to one of my aro, but if the water is not good how come only 1 aro has it? the other 4 r fine >< im changing the water 2 times a week now, it seems it gotten better tho

m_class2g

Sponsor
yea my chilli reds got it and my rtg is fine. i guess ill change more water and add more salt. ive added a lot of crush coral as well to raise the ph. i also found the ph of the tap water is super low lately.

hondas3000

yeah is happaning to one of my aro, but if the water is not good how come only 1 aro has it? the other 4 r fine >< im changing the water 2 times a week now, it seems it gotten better tho

even they are in the same tank that doesn't mean every aro have the same heath. That's why.

Eatman

So far, I've tried the following:

-water change once a week
-raised temperature
-added salt
-dosed tank with melafix

and still the pimples won't go away, water parameters are in check so I'm a little clueless right now. I'm going to try doing water change twice a week and see if that helps.

hondas3000

So far, I've tried the following:

-water change once a week
-raised temperature
-added salt
-dosed tank with melafix

and still the pimples won't go away, water parameters are in check so I'm a little clueless right now. I'm going to try doing water change twice a week and see if that helps.

Even though its not major but you can't expect it will go away right away. Water change should be done 2 to 3 times a week at 20% or more each and use melafix in food so you don't have to waste a lot of medication in tank. Just do more regular water change until the symptom disappear then you can cut back on your water change.

Eatman

Even though its not major but you can't expect it will go away right away. Water change should be done 2 to 3 times a week at 20% or more each and use melafix in food so you don't have to waste a lot of medication in tank. Just do more regular water change until the symptom disappear then you can cut back on your water change.

will give that a try, thx