Preview of the stock arriving

Marius

My supplier and I are working towards a more stable relationship and hopefully you guys can agree with me that it is worth it. This is some the stock arriving soon to Montreal and I have the permission to use the photos for advertising.

I'll keep you guys posted, but if anyone has anything in mind that they need I can try to source them out. Send me a PM and I will do my best.

Motoro special
BeautifulMotorovarient.jpg

Marbled Motoros
marbledmotoro.jpg

Marbled.jpg

Motoro - beautiful orange spots
Motoroorange.jpg

Motelo (left) and Star (right)
MoteloandStar.jpg

China ray
Chinaray.jpg

Juruense
IMG_1044.jpg

Tigrinus
MerodontonusTigrinus.jpg

Platynematichthys Notatus
Platynematichthysnotatus-1.jpg

^I hope he's going to end up looking like this soon enough :) ...I brought it for myself
platynematichthysnotatus.jpg

Last edited:

Marius

NIce, These shipment only for Montreal or for Vancouver also? any ray that max size at 20"

You have my good friend Charles taking care of your needs in Vancouver David :). Unless he's out of stock and not getting any I won't ship anything to Vancouver.

Marius

I hope it will be as low as 300$, or lower :D ...it all depends on our lovely dollar :D

Tigrinus, I wasn't planning on selling them yet, but if you want some we can work something out, I'll make you a happy man, no worries. With them I wanted to acclimate properly and make sure they have their bellies full as soon as they come.

I've got 1xFX5, XP2, 2xAQ110s and a couple sponge filters destined for their tank ...so they'll have nothing to complain about their living quarters. :)

Last edited:

JMorash

Okay well the rays are the most important anyways. I will for sure take the second one.

Thanks,

Justin Morash

JMorash

it's minnnnnneeee.... don't touch hahahahah.... we'll see if it's p2 when it grows up. I will keep everyone updated with photos.

hondas3000

Rays are nice, Aro on top and Ray on the bottom is a perfect combination :). As for those who want to get a second ray for their tank, they should separate them first until they get back their health from the shipment, or they will die from the stress. I learn it a hard way :(, and never have big ray into with small ray right after the shipment either. Got these info from Ray book :).

Marius

^that was a fluke David, who would've thought the Laticeps would turn on the Motoro. Sad it happened, but I'm sure Charles will hook you up with some more.

hondas3000

Marius, what do you think of FLower horn with sting ray together? Will they ok? :). I know flower horn and pleco is ok, but not sure about sting ray and wouldn't dare to try it.

JMorash

Honestly, the only Central American cichlid I would mix rays with is either exCichlasome Bocourti or Pearsei. I've lost rays because I kept them with bigger laid back CA cichlids thinking they were fine and then one morning you turn on the lights and you ray is missing all the skin off his back.

Hey Marius, can you post pictures of the laticeps? Technically laticeps is a trade name used for a few different species of rays (flase hystrix, occasionally peru motoro, etc). Also when are the rays supposed to arrive?

Thanks,

Justin Morash

Marius

They're supposed to be here in a week, I'll just check with the supplier for the exact time of the arrival. I'll try to get some pictures of the Laticeps.

Marius

Thanks man.... I think I may have found my new permanent source for wc rays in the future haha

Only rays ?!? :rolleyes: He had Altums :p and I didn't get any because I don't have a good setup for them yet :( ...concentrating on the rays and Tigrinus for now. Not to mention that Lince cat I got, I wonder how long it will be in my possession before one of you guys snatches it away :eek:

JMorash

Hahah,

Not just rays..... Altum angels, geophagus, cats, plecos. But I need to focus on rays for the next little while.

Don't import Altum Angels until later in the season. Between late December and February, because that's their dry season. When the water levels go down it makes it easier to collect Altums (which the true Altums come from deeper water in the orinoco). Since the Altums are caught so much easier, it's must less stress on the fish, they do a lot better.

JMorash