Qian Hu Chilli Red

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
About 14" and really getting thick. More pics to post later this aft.

mar20Chilli1.jpg

aro7

damn ur photo skills are crazy...we all knw it, but im still amazed each time i see your pics! n nice red.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
These pics are a little too bright for my liking but he never gives me a shot at him with his fins extended so I decided to post anyways.

mar20chilli2.jpg

mar20chilli3.jpg

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks. :) He eats superworms and market shrimp. Refuses pellets, even stuffed in shrimp. Heck he even refuses superworms that have been gutloaded with anything but carrots lol.

patatmblife

Thanks. :) He eats superworms and market shrimp. Refuses pellets, even stuffed in shrimp. Heck he even refuses superworms that have been gutloaded with anything but carrots lol.

I always fed mine pellets first before throwing any superworms or shrimp in, so it always ate pellets. Once I only fed him superworms for a few days and he wouldn't touch the pellets. Then I starved him for about two days and dropped the pellets in and he attacked them. Ever since then I made sure he ate a few before feeding anything else. But yours haven't eaten pellets for a long time so might be hard to get him on now.

EEYY

If you really want the arowana switching to pellet, you might have to not feed it anything for at least 4 -5 days and then feed pellet. If it doesn't work, keep trying.

OR another way is to have other tankmates in the same tank eating pellets. When the arowana got used to the smell and seeing other fish eating it, the arowana might give it a try.

Either way, would be a time-consuming process.

danfong88

Yes, Pellet works if your starve the aro..... mine eats both pellets and shrimps and SW. Good Luck with your training to eat Pellets.