Question On High Power Air Pump

vince

I was thinking of buying a high power air pump to run about 7-8 tanks in my house. Wondering if anyone have any good ideal pumps that are good

Here are my tanks
Tank 1, 10feet 500g
Tank 2, 6feet 320g
Tank 3, 6feet 180g
Tank 4, 6feet 150g
Tank 5, 6feet 130g
Tank 6, 75g x 2
Tank 7, 55g
and a couple of hospital tanks for the sick and injured

Thanks in advance for the info

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

Maybe a big model hiblow airpump or 2 will be enough for all of your tanks. Depending on the distance/placement of your tanks. They are powerful airpumps.

Joey

What are you looking to run with these pumps? I know you mentioned the sizes, but what equipment?(air-stones, filters, etc?

Air pumps dont really work like water pumps, so you don't have to worry about the air loosing air flow the higher it pumps. They lose pressure when there is resistance. Meaning, the deeper a tank is, the stronger your pump needs to be. I have found that distance from the pump doesnt really play much of a role.

For those tanks, if your just running air stones, i would suggest something with a rating of 40-60 LPM. I run a 60 LPM air pump, and it could easily handle all those tanks, with an air stone or 2 in each one.

Hi-blows are good, so are pond masters.

vince

I pick up one of this from Sam at GOLD GARDEN PET SHOP, He told me that this is much better and cheaper too

IMG-20120110-00070.jpg