quick q's

CYRUS

i notice that most big comm tanks are roughly about 3' tall
but would 2' deep of water be enough for a full grown arowana?
i was just wonderng if they really need that deep of water when most of the time they just cruise close to the top :confused:

T1KARMANN

3ft deep is good for a aro com tank because then the aros can get out of each others way and swim at diffrent levels

if i chould get 3ft deep up my stairs i would :D

EKen

Super Moderator
If the money and space are not a problem for you, I would sugget 3 feet high as it does nothing harm. But in general, 30" will be a good size. Only my personal opinion.

I too find that taller tanks look more impressive and spaceful. If you could go for taller than 2', I think you should, not only for comm.-wise, but also for esthetic look.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I'd agree with the fact that they look great.

One draw back to a tall tank is maintanence. I've a tank long the lines of 3'x3'x3' and it is just a pain to do any work inside the tank. Hard to reach everything and you're always up to your armpits in water.

EKen

Super Moderator
I'd agree with the fact that they look great.

One draw back to a tall tank is maintanence. I've a tank long the lines of 3'x3'x3' and it is just a pain to do any work inside the tank. Hard to reach everything and you're always up to your armpits in water.

lol, so true... Even with a 2' tall tank I sometimes have to get a chair to do some tasks. I wish I was 6'4''...