Saying hello

CORVETTE

I thought i'd pop in and say hello. My name is Corvette and i'm crazy about fish. I've had many South American,blacks and silvers, and both Austrilian arowanas. I have just recently been able to afford an Asian arowana. I bought a green which i am very happy with (even if he leaves bite marks on my P-bass) i hope to someday be able to afford a gold or red tail to add some color in with my green. I am also a memeber of MFK and hardcore aquatics, which i find very informative. Looking forward to this site getting going hope i can helpout some. I am currently running a 200 gal, 90 gal, and 2 55 gals. I've been breeding cichlids for 13-14 years and always fit an aro in some where. I've only really had problems with african aro's picky bas##### But i have in the last few years raised one, but had to sell it. I am currently working on breeding stingrays.
and thats me

Last edited:

CORVETTE

HELLO

I WONDERED HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE FOR YOU TO GET HERE JACKSON HOWS YOUR GREEN DOING NEED MORE PIC'S DUDE.

jackson

It took me a bit of time I mod at 2 other sites so I have had some work to do for them.

Pic's will come soon. I am breaking down some tanks this wekk and some will be getting a glass cleaning so I can take some pic's.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Welcome aboard

The last african aro I kept became one of the more expensive feeders for my green... oops

What kind of cichlids have you been breeding?
I spent the last 5 years breeding SA/CA's. Lots of fun.

CORVETTE

I've bred almost well to many different types to count. From jaguar's to discus, african dwarfs cichlids, congo river basin ciclids,flower horns, a multitude of peacocks and victorian haps, a few plecos, and a few others in the last fifteen years.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Hi and welcome to the board! Sounds like you and I have very similar interests. I am basically into Asian aros, and now more and more find myself drawn to rays and breeding them...

I got the money for my first RTG by selling baby oscars I raised. Used to sell baby angels too. I love that aspect of our hobby - breeding fish, raising them up, and then selling them/trading them.

You sound like you have done more in the way of breeding fish than I have, so look forward to learning from your experience.

CORVETTE

ya did a lot of breeding at one time i had 28 tanks set up for breeding and 2 show tanks but it was always just a hobby. Since i was married i have had to cut back on tanks alot. I hope to some day have one measuring 72"x36"x24" in stead of my 72"x24"x28" anyone want to trade? LOL