secrets/tricks to make your aro look red, shine and body shape nice!

kevincao

so, if you already know, or you think this is stupid, please don't put any negative comments, because i know this is something that actually do work.

after few month testing between two brother elkindo super red arowana (not mine) the result is absolutely stunning.

1. feed super worm tomato skin, not the whole tomato (too much water)
why;
because it contain beta carotene.
result
turn red

2. feed super worm carrot...(almost everyone know)
why;
because it contain beta carotene.
result
turn red

3. get cricket, and feed them with red peper, and put a little scoop of honey on a bottle cap, not too much so they don't sink in the honey.
result
make the super red have the shine on the scale

4. feed 50 cricket once a week to arowana don't feed more then that, only once a week.
result
shine

5. to make the body shape of the aro grow vertical instead of horizontal (like the king aro), put them in a small tank, 48x18depthx24 (90g) for few month
why
many people in south asia have small tanks, which makes the body shape, is not based on theory, is based on the fact of the two same aros DON'T FORGET!

6. water change water change water change

7. when your aro is small, pump them till they are about 18 inch, water change and pump.

8. how to pump, super worm super worm super worm, feed the worm with carrot and anything that contain beta carotene

9. keep nutrition balanced, like human, we need certain things to keep us healthy.

10. give vitamin to super worms, or dip the super worm in vitamin and drop it and feed to your arowana, (dont' do it all the time, once a month usually, or a bi-weekly)

11. drop the super worm one at a time, not a bunch together (only when the aro see the worm) so your aro dont' smash all over the place and bending badly just to get the food.

12. leave light on as much as possible, (the test aro light was on 24/7)

13. no carbon in water

14. if you pumping them, feed 2 times a day as much as they can consume

15. to fix drop eye, draw a black dot on the ping pong ball and spread them all over your glass lid.
why
to stimulate person watch above him

16. to fix drop eye, put LED light, flashing every 3 second at each corner of the tank. (not flashing all at once, 1 at time)

17. to avoid jumping, put something red under your canopy

i will update as i remember more.

I LEARNED ALL THIS FROM A PERSON I KNOW, WHO HAS PASSED AWAY, IT WORKED GREAT, IF YOU THINK THIS IS NONE SENSE, THEN DON'T BOTHER COMMENT

enjoy and hope you see the result :)

carcrazy

Thank you very much! I have been trying to get my red aro to actually be red instead of light orange. I usually feed mostly mp as I find it hard to get the aro to eat anything other than sw if I try the worms. They are mighty addictive but I may try it again after gut loading them with carrots to see if the color improves. Thanks for reminding me!

Paul

16. to fix drop eye, put LED light, flashing every 3 second at each corner of the tank. (not flashing all at once, 1 at time) does this really work? I thought drop eye was permanent.

bcarlos

Number 12 is controversial, but highly practiced in Asia. In my experience, light cycling regulates the aro's behaviour. I also find that they do not eat as regularly when light is not cycled.

Number 17 is pretty cool.

kevincao

thanks guys, will update if i remember anything, or maybe suggestions to some specific problem, if i know i will tell.