Suggested brand of pump for Ultima II 1000 or 2000 filters ....

EEYY

There are 2 brand names that manufacturer suggested potential buyers to think about. They are by:

- Sequence

- Performance Pro.

I personally never use either one of them.

Thanks.

carcrazy

I am using a Danner Mag 24 (2400 gph) on my Ultima 1000 and a Reeflo Barracuda (4300 gph) on my Ultima 2000. They are working well so far.

North_falcon

Suggestions pls

I am using a Danner Mag 24 (2400 gph) on my Ultima 1000 and a Reeflo Barracuda (4300 gph) on my Ultima 2000. They are working well so far.

carcrazy,

Will one Utima II 1000 good enough for a 450 gallon tank? What's the pump suggestion for Utima II 1000?

Thanks

North_falcon

EEYY,

Do you have any suggestion to a good pump that work with Ultima 1000? I have no knowledge with Ultima 1000.

When buying Ultima II 1000, does it come with media?

Where can I get those plumbing part?

EEYY

Carcrazy, any suggestion in terms of pump (II 1000 and 2000). ie in terms of specific brand and model#

The only type of pump that I can find is Mag-drive but I am not 100% sure Mag-drive can fit in either of the filter models.

:D:D

EEYY,

Do you have any suggestion to a good pump that work with Ultima 1000? I have no knowledge with Ultima 1000.

When buying Ultima II 1000, does it come with media?

Where can I get those plumbing part?

carcrazy

The UltimaII 1000 has one intake and comes with the media. You just have to do the plumbing and supply the pump. They recommend a pump that can have a flow of 1000 gph at a height of 10'. That is why I use a mag24 that is rated at 2400gph at 0', I figure with the head loss the pump should be sized about right. You need the pressure for the backwash to work properly in cleaning the filter. As my return is about 6' high, there is quite a bit of flow in the tank. I also use a 60g sump and a Rena XP3 as backups on my 320g tank. You never know when something will fail.

I use a bigger pump (Reeflo Barracuda) on my UltimaII 2000 that is rated at 4300gph at 0'. This is on my 270g tank and is the only filter right now (I will have to add a backup filter soon). This filter is a little bit of overkill on the 270 and would work very well on a 450. The UltimaII 1000 would work as well if you use 1.5" plumbing. I just used 1" flexible hose and I think it may be a little restrictive. It also is collapsing on the intake side near my Barracuda pump, which does not like the lack of flow. I am going to have to replace the hose with 1.5" pvc before my pump burns out.

Any good quality pump should work: sequence, iwaki, blue line, reeflo, pan world etc.

North_falcon

carcrazy,

Thanks for the help.

I have to go with UltimaII 1000 because UltimaII 2000 is too tall. I need to put filter under stand.

I will order

a. UltimaII 1000 with 2" Inlet/Outlet

b. Aqua Ultraviolet Classic 15 Watt

I hope it will work for 450 gal tank. If it's not enough, i will add Eheim 2080 or 2081.

I will do some researchs on the above pump you suggested.

Thanks again for the nice suggestion.

carcrazy

I put my mag24 on a towel on the bottom shelf of my open stand. I can only hear it from about 3' away so it's not too bad.

North_falcon

The UltimaII 1000 has one intake and comes with the media. You just have to do the plumbing and supply the pump. They recommend a pump that can have a flow of 1000 gph at a height of 10'. That is why I use a mag24 that is rated at 2400gph at 0', I figure with the head loss the pump should be sized about right. You need the pressure for the backwash to work properly in cleaning the filter. As my return is about 6' high, there is quite a bit of flow in the tank. I also use a 60g sump and a Rena XP3 as backups on my 320g tank. You never know when something will fail.

I use a bigger pump (Reeflo Barracuda) on my UltimaII 2000 that is rated at 4300gph at 0'. This is on my 270g tank and is the only filter right now (I will have to add a backup filter soon). This filter is a little bit of overkill on the 270 and would work very well on a 450. The UltimaII 1000 would work as well if you use 1.5" plumbing. I just used 1" flexible hose and I think it may be a little restrictive. It also is collapsing on the intake side near my Barracuda pump, which does not like the lack of flow. I am going to have to replace the hose with 1.5" pvc before my pump burns out.

Any good quality pump should work: sequence, iwaki, blue line, reeflo, pan world etc.

Where did you buy Reeflo Barracuda?

I only find it in Ebay.

Thanks.