Tank Mate's Safety???

Marowana420

I want to switch my aro to dry food, but im concern about him trying to eat his tank mates. right now he bites them occasionally. i am even more afraid that he chokes on a parrot. is that possible?
Please advise what i should do.
Also what should i feed my feifeng?

EEYY

I want to switch my aro to dry food, but im concern about him trying to eat his tank mates. right now he bites them occasionally. i am even more afraid that he chokes on a parrot. is that possible?
Please advise what i should do.
Also what should i feed my feifeng?

Changing to pellet diet might take sometime to do it.

What are their sizes? ie Arowana / Parrot / Fei Feng

Your tank size?

Marowana420

My tank is a 5ft 120G, aro is 14in, a skinny fei feng at 5in, tinfoil barb 4in, 2 silver dollars 3in, 2 gold serverums 3in and 2 parrots 3in.

Marowana420

here is a pic of my tank, is it already too crowded?

Attachments

• IMG_5503.jpg
    IMG_5503.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 776

EEYY

here is a pic of my tank, is it already too crowded?

In my opinion, not too crowded for now.

I would not put 14" arowana and 3" parrot and/or severum together. Could be a bit unsafe.

If the tank's width is 2 feet, then it should be okay to house a single arowana.

Marowana420

thanks, i've been wanting to take out the parrots. only got them for cycling the water, and right now they are being a nuisance biting everyone protecting their infertile eggs.

carcrazy

I have found that once my aro gets used to sw it is very hard to get him off of them. You may want to try cutting back on the sw and try market shrimp first. I think it would be very hard to switch them from sw to pellets. But every aro is different, some are picky eaters and others seem to eat everything. Good luck.