Tinfoil barbs

carcrazy

Would Tinfoil Barbs be okay to keep with a Jardini and 2 Motoro rays in a 320 gallon tank? I hear that they are fast enough to stay away from the Jardini and when adult should be okay with the rays. The tank looks a little bare with only the Jardini swimming around (rays on the bottom).

GRANDDRAGON

The Tinfoil Barbs should be fine but should be proper size. In my tanks my aros loved to eat there scales. Also they work as great cleaners in the tank. They will eat left overs and even the aros waste.

aeri

agreed. around 5"+ is a good steady size to be able to heal from most small attacks. they clean left over food and i find that they somewhat disperse the aggression amongst other fish since they stay in the middle and constantly distract other fish.

and they school.

I have 3 in my tank with a RTG and they get a long well. I originally had 4 Tinfoil but one of them was too small at the time and was eaten by my old silver arow.

carcrazy

Thanks, guys. I think I'll try to find a few before my Jar gets too much bigger (8" now). The longer they have to grow together, the less likely my Jar will go nuts on them (I hope).