Update of my 11"Red

GRANDDRAGON

Here is an updated pic of my 11" Red. He is starting to show color on the scales. Sorry for the blurry shot but it was the best picture that shows his true color. Enjoy:)

12192007curlab.jpg

EKen

Super Moderator
Very promising fish. Nice shape, dark body scale, perfect bite and bleeding lips. Keep us updated. I hope my Blood Red turns out this dark soon.

Mind sharing with us which brand it is?

bob351

amazing looking aro looks like hes going to be quite the looker when his colours are in full blast

GRANDDRAGON

Very promising fish. Nice shape, dark body scale, perfect bite and bleeding lips. Keep us updated. I hope my Blood Red turns out this dark soon.

Mind sharing with us which brand it is?

This fish is from Imperial Palace and is a VIP RED.:)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
That fish looks like a winner to me! :)

What size did you get it at, what do you feed it, and what are you keeping it in? (tank size, filtration, water parameters/changes, etc.)?

GRANDDRAGON

Hey guys thanks for all the positive comments on my Fish. I can not wait to get him out of the small tank and put him in the 220 gal. Just waitin for the tank to arrive. Should be any day now.:D

That fish looks like a winner to me! :)

What size did you get it at, what do you feed it, and what are you keeping it in? (tank size, filtration, water parameters/changes, etc.)?

Thanx Cirrus for the nice comment.

Now I will answer as many of the questions that I can. I got him when he was about 6".He is feed only floating food sticks and he is right now housed in a 75 gal. tank. I am using a Fluval 405 for filtration and my water parameters are all normal 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate,Hard water, 0 Alkalinity, and ph is 7.0. I do water changes every 10-12 days. There are 8 fish not including the Red Aro but the tank mates are not feed very much (tank mates are feed every day in the evening). Tank mates include 4 king kong parrots 2 flower horn parrots and 2 plecos. Hope this answers all your questions.

He will be housed in a 220 gal. tank with a 65- 75 gal sump what ever fits. Also the tank mates will also accompany him in the move and I plan to house my other reds with him when they get a little bigger dont want to take any chances for he is very agressive.:D

Gwai.jai

I am using a Fluval 405 for filtration and my water parameters are all normal 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate,Hard water, 0 Alkalinity, and ph is 7.0. I do water changes every 10-12 days. There are 8 fish not including the Red Aro but the tank mates are not feed very much (tank mates are feed every day in the evening). Tank mates include 4 king kong parrots 2 flower horn parrots and 2 plecos.

You better buy new test kits.....if your readings are those, with that many fish in 75, and water changes with that schedule.

Nice looking fish nonetheless.....

Any full tanks pics?

GRANDDRAGON

You better buy new test kits.....if your readings are those, with that many fish in 75, and water changes with that schedule.

Nice looking fish nonetheless.....

Any full tanks pics?

I have several types of test kits that I use and I do not think that they all could be wrong :confused:

But thanks for the advice and sorry have not had time to do any full tank shots.:D

Gwai.jai

With the tankmates, feeding schedule, and water changes schedule, and filtration you mention, not only will you have nitrates, I'd be surprised if ammonia not present also....

Not being negative here, just making observation....

GRANDDRAGON

hey Gwai.jai thanks for all the info and I know you are not being negative. Your advice and input is much appriciated:) That is what the forum is for. The tank is fine really. I feed the Aro now 1-2 times a day and the tank mates get feed once every other day. The water is crystal clear and readings are all good. Again thanx for the input.