carcrazy

Very cool! I really like the turtle. I couldn't find a fly river turtle so I got an asian soft shell turtle that looks quite a bit like yours but mine is supposed to be too aggressive to put with other fishes (especially aros and rays). Have you had any problems with yours? Mine is still just a baby (1" across).

aro7

nice blue shine on the aro! how old is he? any signs of crossing? couldnt really tell from the video

bluebasearoilove

carcrazy how big is your aro ?
as long as your aro cant swallow him it should be fine.
nope no signs of agression with my FRT, just a curious little guy nips on everything but as long as it's too fast for him to eat he'll just let em be.

carcrazy

I'd read that asian soft back turtles are the nasty ones when they get larger, biting fish that are even larger than themselves. I wasn't sure I wanted to risk my rays or my 10" aro with one. Although the rays (12" and 14" wide) are quite a bit bigger than the turtle is likely to get. I guess I'll have to wait and see, the turtle is much too small right now. He'd just be a snack for the aro or the pbass (also 12" and 14" long).

bluebasearoilove

carcrazy
yep, best not to put a soft shell turtle with your aro.
soft shell turtles are sold as feeders to aros here in tw.
you probably wouldnt want to risk your aro or rays with it.
you got any pics or vids of your tank?

bluebasearoilove

yeah, my aro's about 10''
had him for about 3 months havent really grown much.
having some trouble feeding this picky eater, any advice guys ?

Marowana420

carcrazy
yep, best not to put a soft shell turtle with your aro.
soft shell turtles are sold as feeders to aros here in tw.
you probably wouldnt want to risk your aro or rays with it.
you got any pics or vids of your tank?

Soft shell turtles are sold as seafood to people here in TO

carcrazy

Yes, I know people make turtle soup out of them but they are also nice in the tank. People also eat pbass, they are considered to be a very good game fish. I hear even aros used to be on the menu.

As for price, my little turtle cost me $50 out here in the wilderness of Manitoba. He's too expensive to make soup out of. Man, I'm tired of these high prices compared to you guys!