What Pleco's are on your Wishlist?

bcarlos

Spring is upon us and with that comes the pleco harvesting season. It's an opportunity to get some great WC fish that aren't always available at your LFS. I'm curious to hear what plec's are on everybody's wish list. If there's enough demand, I know which fish to bring in vs. not.

A quick note: most of the sought after WC fish are on the Brazil ban list. Many of my suppliers, however, are in Columbia and Peru, where the ban on the export of these fish does not often apply. Feel free to list anything you're looking for. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my hardest to source it.

bcarlos

Well that one I am hoping to fix from the inside-- I've got 12 full grown L46 that I've separated into 1 male - 3 female groups. With a little bit of luck, we may get some captive bred fry :)

bcarlos

good luck with the L46s.

how about some L25s.

how do i tell between L114 and L600?

Thanks Marowana, I will keep you guys posted on the project.

Yes, L24's and 25's are on every Arowana keepers list, if not simply for their reds and oranges. They're getting tough to source out of south america because many of them are headed out to Asia where they fetch top dollar. I'll continue to prod and see what I can do.

L600 are far more sought after than L114 (as noted by the price difference). They are significantly larger and less spotted. It's not untypical to find adult L600 in the $800 - $1000 range.

CanadaPleco

L600 are far more sought after than L114 (as noted by the price difference). They are significantly larger and less spotted. It's not untypical to find adult L600 in the $800 - $1000 range.

I fully disagree with most of this statement. They are not any larger then L114. They are the same species, just caught from a different part of the river. L600 happens to USUALLY have more orange on its fins, the head pattern is also different. Head pattern is the only way to tell them apart for sure. Size is meaningless.

bcarlos

I fully disagree with most of this statement. They are not any larger then L114. They are the same species, just caught from a different part of the river. L600 happens to USUALLY have more orange on its fins, the head pattern is also different. Head pattern is the only way to tell them apart for sure. Size is meaningless.

So the only part you disagree with is size? Fair enough.

magic aro

I'm new to the hobby and quite facinated by L46. Saw a few being sold at a store. I would like to know what a reasonable price might be and if you knew of someone who is selling. Cheers!