Which tank for FRT?

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
I'm buying Mike's frt. According to Mike, it's about 6", shell wise. I have a few choices of tanks to put him. Please identify which tank you think is best suited.

360 g 8x3x2

22" grouchy RTG
15" orino pbass
13" lenticulata pike cichlid
2 x 13-14" marbled motoros
2 x 16" ripsaw cats
3 various tigers 6-8"

180 g 6x2x2

14" Diablo red
4 x 5" sd
3 x tigers 2-4"
1 4" nasty fei feng
1 10" female marbled moto

150 g 5x2x2

13" Maju SR
2 x 4" sd
various plecos

125 g 6x18x20 (I think anyways)

13" Merlion royal gold
2 x pike cichlids 5-8"
1 huge panaque
2 x indo tiger 3-4"

I really want to put him in the 360 but I'm afraid the RTG might make life difficult and if he heads for one of the two pieces of driftwood, I'm afraid the NGT or the pike will give him a hard time.

Any feedback is appreciated. :)

EEYY

I would say trying to put the PNT in different tanks for a certain period (ie a week or so) and see what will be the best fit.

I suppose if the chemistry is not there, you should be able to see it right away.

Juice604

id say the 150 for now , let em get bigger then you can pick and choose ..imo of course ..

mine has grown up in the 210 and runs the show , but mikes is much smaller and has some growing to do before that happens ..

glad your getting this guy , i found this frt for mike , its in real nice shape !!

good score for sure ...

bcarlos

I'd also say the 150, sounds like a great grow out for him. He won't be able to catch the SDs and the plecos are too armor plated to be bothered.

m_class2g

Sponsor
i agree with carlos. i think the 150 will be a safer bet than the 360. maybe wait until he reaches 8 inches before you toss him into the big tank.

good thing is, you have a lot of tanks/setups for trial and error!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I was shipping out some aros at the airport this morning when I bumped into Mike shipping out your FRT. Good luck with it Gerry. :)

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks!

FRT is landed and in tank. Already ate a couple of massivores and is exploring every corner of the tank and each and every pleco, lol. Super cool critter!

Video uploading to utube. Will post when it's done.

Juice604

Thanks!

FRT is landed and in tank. Already ate a couple of massivores and is exploring every corner of the tank and each and every pleco, lol. Super cool critter!

Video uploading to utube. Will post when it's done.

good to hear , massivores are like candy to a baby for a frt ,.. :D

peacockbass

i've always wondered if it confuses them when they are trying to swim past the glass and can't go nowhere.....nice frt....really neat creatures....

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Well, he just knocked back 6 massivores in about a minute.....I don't think I'm going to have a problem getting him to eat!

I read on another site to feed these guys 2 days on, one day off, 2 days on, one off....Any validity to that feeding regime?