Who remembers Kings Aquarium in Scarborough ?

fluidmotion

The address was Sheppard Ave east (Mandarin Mall) just between Brimley Rd and the train tracks.

My quick story for everyone: It was roughly 1986/1987 and at the time my doctor was located inside that mall. As a young child my mother used to take me there all the time. One day while waiting to be seen by my doctor I ventured out of the doctor's office around the first and lower levels of the tiny mall and remember walking down a flight of stares to a aquarium store, as i was walking half way down the stairs I immediately noticed a tank with eyes drawn on the glass with magic marker and the most amazing fish I have ever seen in my life. This was no ordinary fish like I'v seen in other local pets shops in my neighbourhood, this thing was enormous. It was almost frightening, yet so relaxing to watch. I was completely mesmerized staring through the glass at this gentle beast without blinking for five minutes straight as it swam back in forth through tank, tail moving in perfect (fluid motion) in the water. long story short, I have been interested in Arowana species ever since. :D

I am Ryan, born and raised in Scarborough Ontario Canada. Very pleased to meet you all. :cool:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
What a great introductory post. I live in Vancouver, but you paint such a vivid picture of the shop in Scarborough I almost feel like I've been there. :)

Welcome to the site. Do you keep an aro now?