BD Pup - June 2014 Update

chen88

Super Moderator
Just some quick photos of the pups. 1 Female born Oct 2013, 3 Males born Jan 2014. All feeding on Massivore. All pups approx. 6-8" diameter. All live in my 125gal sump. Parents are WC BD's from Oliver. I'll try and scoop them out of the sump to take some better photos soon as I'll be selling these shortly. I'm pretty sure 1 if not both of my adult Females have once again gotten hit by the male so fingers crossed for the end of the year pup show.

Just turned lights on so was only to get 3 out of 4 of the pups....still light brown from being in the dark for days....they turn quite black when there's a bit of light around.

Female F1 BD with showing donut spotting

Male F1 BD's

[/URL
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/chenlim/media/IMG_9186_zpseb37aa18.jpg.html]

chen88

Super Moderator
Thanks..spots continues to pop out...going to try and fish them out of the sump and take some better photos this or next weekend.

skynoch

Very nice spotting on the pups. I always have a hard time selling pups as I seem to get more attached to them than most my other fish. Hopefully there's a nice bug batch on the way to replace then.

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah, I'm in no rush to sell either. Get to attach to them to easily but if another batch comes I'll have not much room.

tman

Super Moderator
Nice, they will all look different on substrate with lighting,probably darker and whiter.

Dis

Pups look really nice. Are they big enough to move into the main tank? Or will you just sell them instead of moving them?

chen88

Super Moderator
Very nice pups Chen!

thinking of putting them into the main tank....closer to the end of the year when they're closer to 8-10"...what do you think?

I haven't posted them for sale as yet as I want to take them out and give them a photo shoot....but we'll see....not in a hurry to sell as I love watching them grow...but if there's buyers out there, i'm a seller...

exoticaquaria

thinking of putting them into the main tank....closer to the end of the year when they're closer to 8-10"...what do you think?

I haven't posted them for sale as yet as I want to take them out and give them a photo shoot....but we'll see....not in a hurry to sell as I love watching them grow...but if there's buyers out there, i'm a seller...

I tried 8-10 inch bd with 15-16 inch bd and the first few days were a little tough for the little guy. Got nipped pretty bad and the big pair just kept pinning him down.

I think it will be easier in your larger tank since there are more rays!