Blood reds - any out there?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I think 99 % of the super reds in Canada are of the chilli variety; I know of one Panda Red that seemed to go blood red, and now I think Gerry's Diablo could be turning blood red. Any others out there? Chen, what is your reading on your fish?

What is the opinion on tanning and blood reds? If you tan a chilli, will it resemble a blood? I have never done tanning and so have no direct knowledge on this.

Aro-L

This is only a name given by the breeders, some claims that blood red should have rounder head and a big fan tail with broader body and Chilli red should have spoonhead with diamond shaped tail. Some claims that chilli red has a thin frame color and blood red has a thick frame color. Originally when they asians found them in Indonesia, they are only classified as " Red Arowana " or " Super Red ".

Personally, to me they're all the same. I said that 'cause from the past, I know my hobbyist fiends included me paid very high prices for the arowana with different name from different farms including Singapore, indonesia and Malaysia, after 5 to 10 years when the fish got matures, the colors turn out to be pretty close or the same. Now a day, to me, the name is not important anymore, as long as I bought them from a well known reputation farm, can't go wrong. :)

Last edited:

FOSSILFISH

Has any one seen one here in North America? Not red orange, or slight red. I mean true "RED". under regular lighting, no light enhancement etc., you know what I mean.

Last edited: