Community - August Update

exoticaquaria

Summer 2012 update of my tank. Almost coming up to the 1 year mark since I have set it all up. Aro, dat and loach are getting really thick. Rays have grown a lot. Hopefully some breeding action next year? I finally had a bit of time so I managed to fix up my k1 chamber as it was not working to my likings. The K1 pieces are all free flowing again instead of getting stuck together. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHHl5jX57mQ&feature=youtu.be

exoticaquaria

Was thinking to add a 12 inch bagarius yarelli from india. Hmmm. Wonder how those will do with rays? Or how the rays will treat the cat.

tomuhs

Love goonches! They look so badass. I'd be curious to find out how it matches up tho too. Hopefully will remain peaceful comm.

Tank is so clear. Care to share your maintenance schedule ?

exoticaquaria

I was also wondering how rays and goonch will behave when put together. Maybe just try it out and see? lol. I know goonch prefer lower temperature so thats one thing i have to consider.

I do a 50 percent water change once a week and rinse the first layer of foam in my sump once a week. Every 3 weeks i rinse the last chamber that contains finer sponge that makes the water crystal clear. Basic maintenance. Nothing special!