Earth eaters, SA cichlids, myleus, etc

JMorash

Hey,

I am moving soon, and then in 5 months time I'll be out of the country for almost a year so there is really no point of holding onto these guys. I didn't think anyone out of province would want to ship these in but I figured I would give it a try.

First off are my Geos. I currently have a nice group of wild Geophagus dicrozoster, which includes 5 fish between 3.5" and 5" a mixture of males and females. I believe there are 2 males and three females, but one of the assumed females could be a less dominant male. These are all wild caught from the Orinoco and came in at between an 1" and 2". This species is a medium sized Geo that will obtain sizes between 6"-7", furthermore they are easily one of the prettiest species. Just look at Gerry's adults.

They aren't an overly rare species, but by no means common. I paid $25 a pop last year when they were beige at 1"-2".

I also have two small Geophagus abalios that are wild caught from the Orinoco. This is a gorgeous larger species that is very similar to altifrons they just grow a little bit quicker and are a little more laid back. These guys are growing up nicely and getting some great colours. I would think they are between 1.5"-2" now. I paid $12 each as .5" babies.

I would like to get $150 for all seven earth eaters. A nice price for some of the prettiest fish in the Amazon.

I also have a trio of wild Hyselecara temporalis from Peru. I got these guys from AC a few weeks ago. They are growing up nicely getting lots of purple and now are about 4". Two have paired off and the other one has been shunned. I assume the pair will breed soon, they have been cleaning off a flat rock for weeks. I will split the two from the one. I would like to get $50 for the pair and $20 for the separate one, or $60 for all three. This is the species of chocolate cichlid that turn bright purple as an adult.

5 Myleus rubripinnis all wild caught from Peru, they are about 5" and starting to pair up. I would like $100 for the group.

6 Small Myleus cf.schromburgkii "wide bar" wild caught from Rio Xingu. Don't want to sell these but if I get the right price I will part with them. $120 for the group. These are the ones with the thick black bar and crazy red coloration as adults. These grow fast and adults sell for a few hundred each.

2 Polypterus delhezi - Growing fast and getting crazy looking (in a good way). Wild caught from the Congo and have been in captivity for 8 months now. They are probably 7" plus, and growing fast. They aren't like other boring polypterus, these guys as always moving. $50 each or $80 for the two.

I don't have pictures, my camera is in the shop. I will post some later. These are located in Halifax, NS. I will ship at buyers expense.

Ask about quantity discounts.

Thanks,

JMorash