Grades of Asian Arowanas

babymack

JAN07004.jpg

JAN07003.jpg

theweb88

this is a YES for initial breeding!

HBRTG = High Back RTG is original terms.

Today, a better meaning could be Hybrid Bred RTG with the lowest denominator aro being the RTG.

Which means HBRTG could be RTG + MG, RTG + XB, RTG + TongYan, RTG + Red or parentages genetically could be that of the mixture stated. :)

Last but not least, High Back RTG could also equate to a low grade XB or MG.:) I know some ppl in Malaysia is looking for such pieces to collect.:D:D

eddie73

HBRTG = High Back RTG is original terms.

Today, a better meaning could be Hybrid Bred RTG with the lowest denominator aro being the RTG.

Which means HBRTG could be RTG + MG, RTG + XB, RTG + TongYan, RTG + Red or parentages genetically could be that of the mixture stated. :)

Last but not least, High Back RTG could also equate to a low grade XB or MG.:) I know some ppl in Malaysia is looking for such pieces to collect.

OK detailed enough! :D

Keep the infos flowing slow and steady ya as our info maybe difficult to accept at the beginning. ;)

xbackgolden

I remember reading somewhere that the "original" red are the Blood Red. Chili Red came after some cross breeding. Any seniors (I mean real seniors, not 100+ posts seniors) can elaborate?

Not really, the chilli red existed in a different part of the Kapus river as compared to the blood red. If you cross breed a red and an xback or rtg, you will get a TY.

xbackgolden

this is a YES for initial breeding!

Not really, there are some naturally occuring 5th level RTGs in the wild, dats what some farmers tell me. Its only later when they took poor quality xbacks to breed with the rtgs to maintain qc for the xbacks.

EKen

Super Moderator
Not really, the chilli red existed in a different part of the Kapus river as compared to the blood red. If you cross breed a red and an xback or rtg, you will get a TY.

Ok thanks. It's great having people like you on this board, to give informations to people like me.

EKen

Super Moderator
XBackGolden:
Just out of curiosity, as I believe you are one of the most experienced hobbyist around here (at least on this forum). What is your favorite "brand" of Red and XB?

xbackgolden

XBackGolden:
Just out of curiosity, as I believe you are one of the most experienced hobbyist around here (at least on this forum). What is your favorite "brand" of Red and XB?

Ha ha, I am not that experienced but i don't look at the brand at all. Coz I know most of the farmers in Singapore, so i only buy from the ones who has the best skill in selecting reds. Because, Sg is not a big time red producing country, so alot of them are imported from indonesia. But if you want a absolute guarantee in terms of quality, you can buy from this farm called Munjulputra. The fish is guaranteed to turn red, if it doesn't you can seek a refund, but the price is very very high.

EKen

Super Moderator
XBackGolden:
Thanks for the info. And which "brand" of XB would you recommend? I know there is not one easy answer but I mean, which brand do you like, or usually see quality from.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Lol, Eken! You are putting him on the spot here! Remember he BREEDS Aros, so I'd guess he'd recommend his OWN brand! lol :)

xbackgolden

XBackGolden:
Thanks for the info. And which "brand" of XB would you recommend? I know there is not one easy answer but I mean, which brand do you like, or usually see quality from.

Of course I will have to support the farm which i breed at but i don't think it is nice of me to disclose the name of the farm but all I will say is that you guys are probably familiar with the brand name. However, I its really hard to say which farm produces better fish, the best fish technically should come from traders being non producers and purchasers of fish, will go all out to get the best fish. How good a fish you get will depend on many factors, the quality of the brooders which is the most controllable aspect. The season to even the number of days the eggs are held in the mouth. Even the brooders original parentage also plays a part. Hence, if you ask me I will say that all farms produce good fish. How good a fish you will get will depend on how much you are willing to pay, and how lucky you are.

xbackgolden

XBackGolden:

I see quality based on the fish itself, not the farms ;).