Howdy Boys..... :)

hustler

Hey guys..... Long time no see eh
What a long strange year its been for me...
I sold the last of my aro's a year ago and converted my 300 into a full on reef... I figured it was time for a change in hobbies so salt was the next big thing to high end fresh like ive been doing the last 20 years and it sure was fun....
I went from this...
IMG_1937.jpg

To this...
011-4.jpg

And guess what.... A reef is amazing... But boring as s%*t... Like keeping african chiclids but needing 20 times the filters, additives and time... corals are a nice way of saying stamp collecting.... I just couldnt hack it... not after what ive been keeping in the fresh world....

So long story short...I did it...I nailed it... Then i dumped it.... On my way back to my calling now, asian aro's

I look forward to joining the chats again soon here once Im all scrubbed up and ready to shop :)
Mel

exoticaquaria

im glad you are returning to aros!!! i kept a salt tank before as well. after 6 months, took it down. too much work and found it quite boring as well. lol

chen88

Super Moderator
Hey Mel...your salt looks great....too bad it didn't work out. One thing about this hobby of ours is you've got to have time to enjoy the fish and tank and not having to always work at it!...so lets get you back to enjoying some FW Rays and Aros!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Welcome back Mel. After investing all the time and energy you did in aros, it would be a pitty to not keep the hobby up. I think you will find this site pretty much the same, though maybe less drama. :rolleyes: I think Chen in particular does a good job at keeping the site on an even keel. :)

On another note, nice before and after photos. I still have to take a run at the "marine thing" one of these days...

Last edited:

hustler

Thanks guys... I look forward to adding wherever i can :)
theo.... Stay outa the salt LOL
almost 10k later Custom built skimmer, bio reactor the whole 9..... and at the end i was in awe at a tank full of............fancy guppies and pretty weeds....
Its not like the aros where your fish and the care that goes into it are a direct result.... Its more like collecting coins that live in your tank....

Boydo

You gave up aros for salt???? I glad you got your sense back...lol. I am excited to see what you are ding next.

Welcome back!

babymack

nice salt set up! i havea 90gal salt as well its alot fo work i gave up on it lol.. my gf took over for puffer:p

aros are deffinitly the way to go

Joey

And guess what.... A reef is amazing... But boring as s%*t... Like keeping african chiclids but needing 20 times the filters, additives and time... corals are a nice way of saying stamp collecting.... I just couldnt hack it... not after what ive been keeping in the fresh world....

Thats exactly how i feel about it..

Welcome back!