Just for fun... What are YOUR thoughts?

JMorash

Hey guys,

As many of you know (or don't know), I have pretty much stepped out of the hobby for the past 6-8 month, while finishing up my degree and preparing for some travels. Although I only have one tank with one fish, my head has still been in the game. Recently I have been getting more and more excited to get back into the hobby (which will likely be in the summer) and so I'm starting to get the ball rolling on some huge under takings next summer/fall. My decision is to invest into two larger fish tanks, one a 360 gallon will be devoted to a large low light planted tank for community fish and my Channa Barca. With that my 120 gallon will become a tank for either altum angels, or wild discus. The second large tank I want to buy will either be a 400-450 gallon or a 600-650 gallon. That tank is what I would like to hear some opinions on what to fill with.

So far I have it figured out this way. If I invest in the 400-450 gallon, I will save a bit of money on the tank and therefore likely invest in slightly higher end fish. I would like to have a nice blue base cross back, 6-8 rays (likely start with many and move them into other tanks as they grow). Ideally I would like high quality BDs, P14, Henlei, and HQ Marbled Motoro. Finally I would likely add a big group of SA cichlids (Geophagus altifrons, Satanoperca lilith, Uaru fernandezyepezi, and Crenicichla sp.).

On the other hand, I could always go I was thinking go beyond the idea of the high end, "peaceful", piece of art, style fish tank and go for the wow factor.

I've always loved large predators, have always been quite good at mixing them successfully, and dreamed of a massive tank with massive predators. I was thinking a 600-650, with 6 Panda Gold Arowana, 3-4 Rays (of either 1 or 2 species, Boesemani, Henlei, BD?), then a hand full of Cichla, Masheer, Perch (dats, lates, giant archers), Black bar dollars, and some big catfish. This tank would clearly be a huge under taking, but would have a wow factor like no other. The big problem with it would be that I would have to upgrade within the next 3-4 years. Yet I may be planning a 1500 gallon tank build after buying a house in the next couple years.

Purely for fun, who likes what better? Let's take a vote, maybe someone can persuade me one way or another!

Thanks,

JMorash

King-eL

Go for it. I also have the same plan but I already have my 700g ready to be set up next year on March. As for the fish, I already crossed out some in my wishlist. I cannot go any bigger than 700g tank so as I always do, it will be overstock JDM style as always.

My tank will have aros, bichirs, gars, knifefishes, morymids, stingrays, bowfins, lungfishes, snakeheads, gouramis, dats, perches, cichlids, cichlas, silver dollars, wolffish, eels, loaches and many more that I might bump into.