My new tank is being delivered by crane!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
:eek::eek:

The shipper just called me. My 535 gallon tank requires a crane to be unloaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have I gotten myself into...and how the hell am I going to get the tank into my house...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
lol You read my mind Jay.

I was thinking of calling the first Lower Mainland Arowanaclub meeting...I provide the beer and hamburgers, you all would provide some muscle helping to get the tank into the house. Beats hiring some anonymous movers for me, allows everyone to meet one another, builds community etc. etc.

I'll send out a whack of pm's in the coming days I think! :)

carcrazy

I hope it fits through your door. It's not going downstairs, is it? How's your home insurance in case someone drops it on their foot?:eek:

EEYY

lol You read my mind Jay.

I was thinking of calling the first Lower Mainland Arowanaclub meeting...I provide the beer and hamburgers, you all would provide some muscle helping to get the tank into the house. Beats hiring some anonymous movers for me, allows everyone to meet one another, builds community etc. etc.

I'll send out a whack of pm's in the coming days I think! :)

I guess those "muscle men" looking for free arowana instead!! Ha ha. :cool:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I know someone who barbecued his silver arowana a few years back after he couldn't sell it in his store. He said it was very good. That is about the only "free arowana" I could provide. :D

flagtail

I know someone who barbecued his silver arowana a few years back after he couldn't sell it in his store. He said it was very good. That is about the only "free arowana" I could provide. :D

you could always do steamed with spring onions!:D

Attachments

• picture%20534.jpg
    picture%20534.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 79

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Oh man, that photo is too much! :eek:

I remember Yuppa telling me years ago that Asian arowana was once a popular dish for weddings in S'pore, back in the 1960's or something... :D

On a related note, do you know what hooked bait fisherman in Brazil find best for catching adult Arapaima gigas? Adult silver arowana!

Oh, and the tanks just arrived and look Friggin' AWESOME!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
No, it HAS to go through the window. I have gone so far and am in so deep on this one, that if worst comes to worst, I'll pull the friggin window out with a crowbar. One way or another, that tank is goin' in... :D

Marius

No, it HAS to go through the window. I have gone so far and am in so deep on this one, that if worst comes to worst, I'll pull the friggin window out with a crowbar. One way or another, that tank is goin' in... :D

I'd say it went in very smoothly, right?!? Post some pics. :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I need one night to just sit and realise the job is done. This tank has been hanging over my head for what seems like months...I think I have brought it in through that window in my mind 1000 times before today. Thanks to Marius, Kole, Lo sai and Yuppa. You guys made it happen, and I am truly grateful! :)

I'll try and post some photos tomorrow. Tonight I'll just have a couple beer and walk by the tank once in a while and marvel at how smoothly it all went getting it in...

Phew!