Nan-light

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am totally interested; the problem is, can we get NAN lighting that is CSA approved? If it is not CSA approved, and there is a fire in your house/condo/apartment, you could find your house insurance null and void.

isjah

hmmm i would be............. i'd be really interested in momotaro bacteria house media!!!!!!

carcrazy

Would the tube for a nan light work in a T5 fixture? I use a 48" 4 bulb Sunlight Supply Tec light (4 x 54w).

James Sananikone

:):):) Good new bro !

Hope to get more feed back from the end users, how do they like it.

It's not cheap though, but if it's really work ... That's will be my choice :D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Looks like it is only available in the UK for now? Unfortunately, they use 220 Volt there, so it would not work here unless you use a converter. Also, it would still need to be CSA approved to be legal here. Still, for you lucky guys in Europe... ;)

T1KARMANN

Looks like it is only available in the UK for now? Unfortunately, they use 220 Volt there, so it would not work here unless you use a converter. Also, it would still need to be CSA approved to be legal here. Still, for you lucky guys in Europe... ;)

240v but still your right its different from Canada :rolleyes:

right well i have a nan light right now and the underwater lights have a down side they boil your water as its like having a 5ft heater in your tank

the good thing with the Arcadia light is you can run the tube without the underwater casing meaning you don't need all the expensive underwater kit that kicks up the price

you can just buy the Arcadia arowana tube/bulb for £25 and run it off a normal T8 light unit :D

Cypher

the good thing with the Arcadia light is you can run the tube without the underwater casing meaning you don't need all the expensive underwater kit that kicks up the price

you can just buy the Arcadia arowana tube/bulb for £25 and run it off a normal T8 light unit :D

But then your basically tanning the top of your arowana lol. The whole idea of these lights being submerged is so they can tan the side of your arowana.

T1KARMANN

its not just for tanning its for viewing the fish

if you are using it to tan your aro they will need to be turned on for 10 hours per day

if left on for 10 hours per day expect your tank to hit 110 degrees

i don't use mine that much i only brought it to see if i was right about all the aros you see posted on the net do they look so great because of the Nan light

people not using Nan lights must look at aros on the net and think hey how come my aros not that nice well add the nan light and you will see a big improvement

would aros get underwater lights in the wild no

would they get sun light from above yes