ozone generator; fluidize bed filter

has anyone used hem before?
how effective is it?

how is ozone gengerator compare to U.V sterilizer,

i plan to have two 27" high fluidize bed filter, together it holds total of 12lbs media.

Joey

Ozone and UV basically do the same thing... UV generally being cheaper and easier to set up/maintain. Both being very effective is used properly. UV comes down to wattage/water volume/flow rate. Ozone comes down to dosage/water volume.. Both need to be administered properly, or your wasting your money... or when it comes to the ozone, too much and it can be harmfull...

Id personally go with a UV..

those twin FBF's sound nice though! are they DIY? How do you plan on running that? any pics of them?

the FBF is Pentair Aquatics Lifegard Fluidized Bed Filter #FB-600,$115 each with media.
i plan to use them in my 220 gallon sump, with other 90lb of bacteria house and japanese mat.

i guess the advantage of ozone is that i dont need to change bulb.

i am still search for external pump that can provide 5x return after shot up 15' for my 900 gallon tank, i wonder anyone know about little giant flex pump fp9?

the water change will be auto drip system with a semi automatic water change that can let me do a 120gallon change at once.

i will have structural engineer to do an approve of my floor support.

i estimate the costs besides the tank and stand is going to be around $7000-8000

i was actually at halifax this summer for 7 times, and i may go over there again before end of sept. maybe i can order a sump from you 'motoro' next summer...

Joey

I've always wondered how well those lifeguard FBF's perform... any experience with them?

I could make you a sump, no problem. Just let me know. I could could up with a design based on your requirements. (real name is Joey)