Rays, Plat and Friends

chen88

Super Moderator
Some quick photos of the 450g this morning before I headed off to work....

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5843.jpg

IMG_5918-1.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
Tigger's around!....he's a nasty one at that. When I introduced the Plat RTC on Sunday he was attacking the poor guy...I separated the drift wood so that they have their own space and then they were fine. Also all the Rays attached the Plat, but after the rays figured out that he was too fat to fit in his mouth, they left him alone....all seem to be fine now...the SR's scales and tail is growing back extremely fast and nicely...oh yeah...Tig's grown quite long, just can't seem him!...he comes out when lights off...

Marowana420

nice Chen... it must have been alot of work to find these rare fishes to put in your tank. btw, how much time do you need to spend /week on maintainance, for a monster like that?

chen88

Super Moderator
nice Chen... it must have been alot of work to find these rare fishes to put in your tank. btw, how much time do you need to spend /week on maintainance, for a monster like that?

Not much actually....

Water Change/maintenance
1 day per week at 30% Water change (1 1/2 hours - 2 max)

I'm constantly checking on my water temp as the two inline pumps continues to heat the water....when the temp reaches 87+ I switch off the pump that the UV is not connected to and the temp goes down to 82

I suspect that the fact that my cabinets is fully enclosed is adding to the heating of the pumps. I have a fan inside the cabinet to circulate the air as well as leave the cabinet doors open at night to let the heat out....I might in a couple of months try and go with internal pumps like a Mag to see if this will reduce the heat...my two inline pumps (Reeflo Snapper 18s) are HOT...but not sure how come it's heating the tank!

rudy

Not much actually....

Water Change/maintenance
1 day per week at 30% Water change (1 1/2 hours - 2 max)

QUOTE]

30% Are you kidding me? How do you get away with that! I always wonder if I change to much water.

chen88

Super Moderator
how much do you change? its not bad at 30%, i turn off the pumps in my sump so no bb are disturb inside other then the new water.....

kevincao

hey chen, i have pm you where to get the black bars, hope you get it on time :)

oh and you sure pump that plat hard...it looks to me like is 8 - 9 inch now...wow!

and! where did you get that giant pink gourami!! i remember when i was at your house talking about them one time haha :D

Last edited: