Tenecor Group Buy 2009

chen88

Super Moderator
Price is always good if you can get it "right" what is "awhile" for you to get a pair of white Gars? I'm not looking for tomorrow but perhaps before christmas?

Actually Chen, it is extremely easy, trust me. Nothing hard about it at all.

If you are happy with what Mike has and the price is right, I think you should go for it.

With me you can get a better price, but it will take a while. :)

Hmm, I think I need to split this thread into two, set up a "how to import your own fish" thread. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
lol...Howard...

Let's get the tank first...money ready to be wired...now how the heck do we get a quote from them? sheeesh...

I'm not going to go through the trouble of setting up a company...just going to buy straight from them and deal with the pst/gst business or get a contractor buddy of mine to buy it so he can claim the GST through his business and I won't have to pay him the GST, just pst.

Would be nice if we got a response from Tenecor though...

of course, we are just wait and wait, hopefully, we get some response today. anyway we will just go with the flow, with or without Daidee.

chen88

Super Moderator
OK...got quote....pretty much same as price list with added delivery cost plus some add on's I had requested including closed back panel on the cabinet (prevents my cats from getting in), UV Sterilizer, and up grade of marine system for 2 returns per over flow. Just have some minor questions back to Dennis on type of pumps, delivery dates and payment type and taxes if any aside from the pst/gst....I should be good to order monday/tuesday next week at the latest...shipping only worked out to $857..not sure if there were any discounts...don't think so

Here's my tank spec and (once in a life time order so what the hell):

Model U400L, 96x36x30 Rectangle
Upgrade to 1" Acrylic
Laminate Black Bottom
Marine Ready Filtration Package
Upgrade to 60x18x20 Sump
Overflow Silencers, 2
Oak or Maple Stand & Canopy (includes steel substructure on stand)
Closed back on Stand & Canopy (includes slotted vents)
EA 50 watt UV Sterilizer
Nova Extreme T5 Light 36", (4)

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am calling up Dennis today. He is a bit annoyed that I did not work as an intermediary on this whole order, and has complained that he received over 10emails in one day from us. :rolleyes:

He also says that he thinks Howard set up his order on MFK and that this makes it a separate deal from Chen's. In other words he wants to keep the discount offered at 30%.

I am going to try hard to get you both more than 30% discount off list price. I also will ask for $250 for a one year advertisement for arowanaclub.ca

Please do not email Dennis until I let you know how my negotiations go with him.

Last edited:
So far i email him 4 times since oct 20.

Now i recalled, he thinks i order from MFK is because i emailed him a photo of tank that i saw on MFK.
I had cc the same email to [email protected] on oct 22, the photo is in there aswell.

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I had a good chat with Dennis.

His offer right now is 30% off the list price and 12% off the shipping which he says works out to 42% in total which he says is better than the 35% off the list price I was trying to negotiate. The shipping offer was a special promotion which was to expire last week. He has agreed to extend it a week to see these deals through.

I now understand how if I were to insist on the 35% Dennis would just say, okay, but then no special shipping discount, meaning the overall price would remain the same or even be slightly higher.

I have told Dennis I am too busy to act as his agent and that I want him to negotiate directly with you both.

I wrote him an email which I will forward to both of you.

At this point I think the offer on the table from him is as good as it will get and so I recommend you close the deals.

Now I have to get back to organizing my coming Asian arowana and stingray shipments... :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I would like to invite Dennis to read (and speak if feels like it) in this password protected forum. This means he would be reading all posts in the thread. Please let me know if this is okay with you.

Also, it is understood that this thread and posts is confidential and not to be reposted or refered to elsewhere. There are only a few of us who have the password.

chen88

Super Moderator
I'm ok with my deal, but wanted to get some clarification ie...what are the payment methods. If Dennis is not the one to place to order with then we need to have his folks. I really don't think we should allow him/tenecor to be able to read these messages or we can't be (I can't be) as forward...no problem for future threads though...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Good thing I asked. I will hold off inviting him in then.

As far as payments goes Chen, it is very easy. Just wire payment to Dennis at Tenecor direct. He will provide you the wire transfer details. That is how I did it the last couple times.

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
I've emailed him last night for clarification if my setup includes 2 pumps as per schematics and if i can get a schematic of the top so i can add a couple slots for air tubes and what is the payment method along with the banking information....hopefully he doesn't view this as too many email....he is in Sales right? yeesh..

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Should be no problem, Dennis was just under the impression that I was going to come on as a full dealer on this transaction. Were I to do that, it would mean that 100% of the emails between customers go through me and that I become the only one to negotiate with Dennis. It is a lot of work to do that and I can not see how it can work with you guys being in Toronto and me out west.

All I want is to get Tenecor on as a sponsor for the site and to act as a facilitator, not a dealer.

chen88

Super Moderator
ok...going to try and give him a call to speed things up so i can get this tank order...tried his 1 800 number and wasn't working...perhaps i will see if he response tonight and then call him tomorrow...i think they are like 3 hours behind toronto time....

same here, i will see if get reponse from him tomorrow, i can place the order with deposit this week, but i would like the tank to come next spring.
yaks, $10,000 investment on hobby. I will get the lighting here at toronto, Chen please please let me know if you have any good deal.
Then i will get the UV and heater at Taiwan next year.

chen88

Super Moderator
it irks me about the attitude with Dennis....here's almost 20K worth of order that he hasn't really worked for and the attitude? I'm seriously considering getting elsewhere. i'll try him tomorrow and if he gives me the attitude...my money will go to someone who appreciates the sale and will make sure others knows of the customer service of tenecor..I've read on MFK has also complaint about their attitude and service...