Update on my Community

mareshow

Banned
well i still suck with a camera, if you wish to see all the pictures i have taken, heres the link, otherwise enjoy my favorites :)

I should say that natural sunlight is what all these shots were taken with, the tank lights were on but to be honest the whole tank was just basking in the sun so i dont think they had much effect. They are also completely raw, no touch ups what so ever. the white specs are sand, its too light i know and my rays love throwing it around. they all eat the same: krill, market shrimp, silversides the odd time and mysis shrimp.

now the pictures :)

DSC_00193.jpg

this was when they were first added to the tank, there are five in total but a straggler found his way to the rocks haha, i havent seen him since...

DSC_0011-1.jpg

the little guy up top is a Maju SR and the big guy down low is a Diablo Red

DSC_0003.jpg

An Absolute Blue :)

DSC_0009.jpg

in this one you can see the Diablo Red in the bottom, the Panda Gold and the Maju SR behind

DSC_0041.jpg

The male scobina ray

mareshow

Banned
heres a couple more pictures of the rays and aros :)

DSC_0015.jpg

Male In the back female in the front

DSC_0035.jpg

The Female goofing around :D

DSC_0049.jpg

She likes to Cruise...

DSC_0055.jpg

I thought this was an interesting pic not sure why though

DSC_000117.jpg

I dont actually have anymore angels, they all got eaten like this next pic haha

DSC_000513.jpg

he's well fed just likes midnight snacks i suppose haha

DSC_0069-1.jpg

a very fat Queen Arabesque Pleco

Joey

Aros look great... rays could use a little fattening up though... great looking fish.

mareshow

Banned
Thank you! as for the rays i went to one feeding a day although i think i'm going to have to go back up to two because they seem hungrier.

Paul

Nice dats much better choice then the angels, I would recomend just throwing in a few MP pellets or pellets the scobinas will eat every now and then if your filtration can handle it. I feed my pearl/motoros like this and they're very fat and growing at a decent rate.

mareshow

Banned
2 months later :D

two months later and this is what they look like :D

_DSC0001.jpg

CV Maju SR

_DSC0019.jpg

Panda Gold

_DSC00062.jpg

Pang Long Diablo Red

_DSC00122.jpg

Pang Long Absolute Blue

_DSC00082.jpg

BM80

That's a nice collection and setup! What size is the aquarium? I'm also thinking of doing a arow comm tank.

peacockbass

wow great shot....full tank one with all four aros.....looks like you have a peaceful community.....min ripped/torn tails n fins.....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congratulations on an awesome tank. All four fish are quite different, will be interesting to continue watching them develop for sure. And that absolute blue looks :cool:

mareshow

Banned
counted 4 aros in your tank? anymore in there hiding?

Nope only four :) trust me that is more than enough haha

That's a nice collection and setup! What size is the aquarium? I'm also thinking of doing a arow comm tank.

thank you! its actually only a 180 but the key is a crap load of bio filtration IMO to keep them happy, the nice thing is they arent jumpers which i am very fortunate for

wow great shot....full tank one with all four aros.....looks like you have a peaceful community.....min ripped/torn tails n fins.....

thank you :) haha peaceful, if i could count the times i've been woken up in the middle of the night by a loud thud or splash (the tank is in my bedroom) but yeah for the most part they leave each other alone, they just flare their fins at each other which is really fun to watch :D

beautiful tank you got there. your absoulute blue looks amazing.

thank you! he is my favorite, he has the best attitude of them all as well :D

Congratulations on an awesome tank. All four fish are quite different, will be interesting to continue watching them develop for sure. And that absolute blue looks :cool:

Thank you, i cant believe how much they have changed it two months, but mind you i started feeding super worms every other day so even in the past week they have changed so much. just out of curiosity how many should i go through in a feeding, right now i only give them 52 (13 per aro haha) but i'm sure they could eat way more if i let them...

bcarlos

I love how you've mixed fish from different farms. If I had a comm. tank, this is how I would do it.

A lot of people will be surprised when they hear you're keeping this many fish in a 180, but if you look at the comm. tanks in Japan, this is the way they do it, too. Seems to work for them :)

I don't know the sizes of these aro's, but my opinion 13-15 is fine while you're pumping, but I'd cut down once they reach the 12 inch mark. I feed mine 5-10 a day. Aro's have a strange appetite-- they could be starving one day and refuse food the next.

m_class2g

Sponsor
very nice comm tank!! i too want to do a comm with different aros from dif farms one day! they all look mint! congrats!

mareshow

Banned
I love how you've mixed fish from different farms. If I had a comm. tank, this is how I would do it.

A lot of people will be surprised when they hear you're keeping this many fish in a 180, but if you look at the comm. tanks in Japan, this is the way they do it, too. Seems to work for them :)

I don't know the sizes of these aro's, but my opinion 13-15 is fine while you're pumping, but I'd cut down once they reach the 12 inch mark. I feed mine 5-10 a day. Aro's have a strange appetite-- they could be starving one day and refuse food the next.

Yeah i really like the size to be honest i'm going to upgrading though so they will have more space eventually :)
ok good to know, yeah they are all around the 12" mark except the diablo he is around 15"

very nice comm tank!! i too want to do a comm with different aros from dif farms one day! they all look mint! congrats!

Thanks! it is a true pleasure to watch :)

mareshow

Banned
thank you :) well as i sold my scobinas to skynoch, i changed the sand in my tank and WOW what a difference, the dats are swimming around now i cant wait to see what the leos look like in there :)

here's a few sneak peaks

_DSC0013.jpg

_DSC00062-1.jpg

_DSC00052.jpg

_DSC00022.jpg

Last edited: