AUL Australian lungs

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
lol on both counts Tim :) I picked up the plants recently and tied them to the driftwood. Let's see if they become salad. As for the noise, I am using the stock Marineland sump that came with the tank; it has two bio-wheels (with water pouring on them), and I find that the return centipedes make a bit of racket too. Is your system really quiet?

rudy

Yes my system is in wall so very quiet but when I have the same tank as you I put a couple of water blaster pumps on it and put some pre filter in the overflows and it was ridiculously quiet. I think you could dampen that sound a Looong way if you wanted.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Tim, this is so funny. After a couple of years of having my 300 gallon make that sound racket, I followed your advice and put a couple pieces of Japanese mat behind the inflow pipes (right where the hole is at the base of elbow) and - voila - problem solved! Too funny. I can't believe I never got around to doing that before, so thank you!

rudy

Tim, this is so funny. After a couple of years of having my 300 gallon make that sound racket, I followed your advice and put a couple pieces of Japanese mat behind the inflow pipes (right where the hole is at the base of elbow) and - voila - problem solved! Too funny. I can't believe I never got around to doing that before, so thank you!

Haha you should start a fish forum or something haha:D