2200 gal stingray tank build

Plum

Interesting.

I think I will do the same idea as your self in running anoter layer of Plywood perpendicular... seems like the best idea.

r22 is working well?

I am currently working on some builds and picked up some spray foam insullation - my walls will be about the same as yours, thus good to hear that it is working as planned.

skynoch

Interesting.

I think I will do the same idea as your self in running anoter layer of Plywood perpendicular... seems like the best idea.

r22 is working well?

I am currently working on some builds and picked up some spray foam insullation - my walls will be about the same as yours, thus good to hear that it is working as planned.

Will be looking forward to some pics.
Hopefully your a better documenter than me,lol.

Plum

Will be looking forward to some pics.
Hopefully your a better documenter than me,lol.

Will not be as nice as yours I don't think..... though if you could advise how you bribed your wife - that might help my cause!

Think you used acrylic right?

Had some prices on reg glass and starphire - drastically less expensive in the USA ( I live on a border town)

skynoch

Will not be as nice as yours I don't think..... though if you could advise how you bribed your wife - that might help my cause!

Think you used acrylic right?

Had some prices on reg glass and starphire - drastically less expensive in the USA ( I live on a border town)

No wife so that probably explains all.:)
I did us acrylic as glass would have weighed a ton and I couldnt find any also. I was next to impossible to even find acrylic that size.
When I was first building my tank I was looking at states sites online to get a rough cost of acylic......wow is it ever cheapr down there.

jm.

Awesome looking tank, almost looks like they have their own living room with those tiles! :D

Plum

No wife so that probably explains all.:)
I did us acrylic as glass would have weighed a ton and I couldnt find any also. I was next to impossible to even find acrylic that size.
When I was first building my tank I was looking at states sites online to get a rough cost of acylic......wow is it ever cheapr down there.

So I would need to get a divorce.... might just stick with the limited, wife approved build - divorce costs too much:D

Yes - USA pricing for all but electronics/health products is drastically cheaper. Unfortunately, not many products I buy come from Canada.

Acrylic is very nice to work with - what size is your sheet?

skynoch

There is actually 3 pieces. That I bought in 2 sheets. The one sheet was 8' x 4' x 1.25" the other piece was 8' x 4' x .75". The pieces were cut to 2 pieces @ 2' x 42" x .75" and 1 @ 8' x 42" x 1.25".

skynoch

That is just amazing to see.....

Thanks. I really wish I had the space to build another one. I'm really tempted when I build my garage to make it another 15' deeper and plan another mega tank in there with more bells and whistles.

Arrow

You're living the/my dream skynoch, amazing job!

The tank and fish all look amazing

You guys are making me depressed, I used to think that I had a big tank but since joining and surfing this site the last few days I'm being blown away.

AMAZING STUFF!

skynoch

You're living the/my dream skynoch, amazing job!

The tank and fish all look amazing

You guys are making me depressed, I used to think that I had a big tank but since joining and surfing this site the last few days I'm being blown away.

AMAZING STUFF!

Thanks, lol there allways seems to be bigger and better somewhere

skynoch

In Alberta Green Enviormental is where I go my stuff and they where very helpful with any questions I had. Also the home hardwares are suppose to carry it. If you google Zavlar and go to thier homepage I believe they have a list of distributers in Canada so you can get closer to your own place of residence.

skynoch

hey how about an update on those scobinas? :D

lol, I even have a better idea. If your board sometime you could pop out to the valley and snap a bunch of pics for the stingray section of all the rays I have. If not I'll still gladly grab a few shots of the scobinas. :)